Trump: “Screw the economy, SCOTUS is Priority 1”

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I'm intentionally not watching the hearing. My blood pressure was great last week at my health check and I hope to keep it that way.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The entire justification the GOP leans on here is that the constitution lets them do this. Which is true.

Nobody tell me that the judicial filibuster would have stopped these people from installing their SCOTUS picks.

The constitution also doesn't set a fixed size for the judiciary when this comes up in the next year or two.

Reactions: ivwshane

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The Dems often appear somewhat hapless at these things but they're running really well in sync on the messaging of her confirmation being a threat to the ACA. Republicans are very vulnerable on this and they know it.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
A maskless covid-positive Mike Kelly spoke at the hearing.

Mike Lee. At 49, his chances of survival are excellent. Maybe he's trying to kill off some of the older GOP Senators so he can move up in the hierarchy. Killing off senior Dems would just be a bonus. It will be interesting to see what McConnell has to say about it.