Trump’s brand is complete caca

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I recall telling a friend of mine back in May 2017 that Trump may very well rue the day he ever ran for public office. If things ended badly (as things were seeming at the time with Mueller) nobody will want to be associated with his brand. I even joked that his kids/grandkids may try to change their name.

Up until last week, I thought he had avoided that scenario. But Trump just can’t help himself when it comes to running a business into the ground.

It seems there’s a reckoning coming for Trump Org.

- NYC just voided all contracts with the organization (2 ice rinks, a golf course and another property)
- PGA has banned all events from Trump’s courses
- Their online storefront is gone (can’t process e-commerce without Shopify and Stripe)
- Deutsche Bank and Signature Bank are out as lenders
- Lehigh University rescinded Trump’s honorary degree (lol)
- Corporate conferences are shunning Trump’s hotels and resorts. Hotels in New York, Toronto and Panama had already removed “Trump” from their brands prior to 1/6/21.

Now there’s talk that Trump may never get his planned media outlet of the ground as he won’t be able to bring enough advertisers on board.

All is not lost for Trump, as he remains YUGEly popular at home and abroad. He won’t have the same brand concerns in places like the Middle East or Eastern Europe. And even without Twitter, he’ll no doubt find an outlet on the fringe corners of the Internet.

Title edited to remove 's' word and replace it with an eminently suitable juvenile equivalent.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Captante and Pohemi

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Trump brand was always shit, but it's toxic now.

Trump may still get by by grifting his supporters. Depending on how stupid they are he may even live large off of donations to "Election Fraud Campaign Investigation Fund" (fine print 90% goes to retire Trump's personal debts).

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
He will have a hard time doing all that from a New York Prison Cell.
And when he gets out he'll be spending some time in a prison cell in Georgia. I wonder how his supporters will feel after he's also convicted of rape.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Self hate, a disease we all have or have had is the result of having been put down as children. The pain of this experience is so great we can't consciously remember it and so it gets profoundly repressed with assistance of the creation of a false self or ego, a claim of self-worth based on externals like religion, party, team, family, etc. The result is life with a hole in our souls, a need for constant affirmation and the unconscious knowledge that our real trauma is based in childhood, the thing we must never become conscious of. The result is an unconscious compulsion to relive our childhood traumas vicariously by creating a need to constantly get near our deeply repressed feelings of shame. This is the unconscious mechanism behind self destruction, a constant need to fuck up and recover from it.

Trumps need to win is based on his need to relive his shame, the only thing that could cure him, so he constantly fucks himself to constantly live in a battle to win. It hasn't ended well for him because he the depth of his shame requires a war against the maximum of humiliation. Only by feeling what he fears most to feel can he heal, but even still he chooses denial. Poor pathetic man. He is driven to turn the whole world against him.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Yeah but he's racking in hundreds of millions of dollars from his stupid base. All he has to do is keep repeating the message and he will continue to grift his supporters.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
tRump’s name will be infamous. Not because of winning but because of his malignant narcissism. This name will be used to describe similar folks or actions. I have compared it to the name Ponzi. I am sure at some point Ponzi was a good name, but today we associate it with the pyramid schemes to embezzle from people. In a very short time you will describe someone or some event as tRump, meaning it is the actions of a malignant narcissist who grifted and caused all kinds of havoc. The future generations of the tRump or even the Kushner genetic pool will, no doubt, change their name to keep from being reminded of their link to this abomination. The person who wants everyone to need them usually is the person who dies alone in obscurity. The stage is set.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I'm so sick of hearing the T word I could scream. I propose we quit using the T word and use T**** like they do on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Or use a nickname like the Tangerine Toddler, Orangeholio, etc.

Someone needs to make an add-on so we can replace the T word with our word of choice.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
The true test will be whether or not Melania bails on Donald. When you’re high priced trophy wife has had enough then you know the checks are bouncing.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I'm so sick of hearing the T word I could scream. I propose we quit using the T word and use T**** like they do on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Or use a nickname like the Tangerine Toddler, Orangeholio, etc.

Someone needs to make an add-on so we can replace the T word with our word of choice.
I read a seemingly interminal Twitter thread today which was responses to Mary Trump's admonition that nobody should call her shit-head uncle "president." Everybody agreed and most laid down their epithets for the scumbag. I've thought of many myself, some precious, I can't remember most.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
The true test will be whether or not Melania bails on Donald. When you’re high priced trophy wife has had enough then you know the checks are bouncing.
I'll be surpised if he doesn't go bankrupt again. But I'm not keeping score. 7, 8?

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I heard rumors in the wind today about the possibility of him filing for bankruptcy soon after he exits office so we shall see.

• Love
Reactions: Pohemi

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I swear to god I can hear Michael Cohen laughing right now!! Anyone else??
michael is probably the more competent lawyer at this point in time

EDIT:
I also think trump is going to find it extremely difficult to get financing after he leaves office as his goto bank just disowned him after last week.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Pohemi and cytg111

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Trump brand was always shit, but it's toxic now.

Trump may still get by by grifting his supporters. Depending on how stupid they are he may even live large off of donations to "Election Fraud Campaign Investigation Fund" (fine print 90% goes to retire Trump's personal debts).
If he's convicted of the impeachment in the senate he would not be eligible to run again and POOF, there goes that grift. I agree with the OP, he's toast, he owes $400 mil and his golf courses/hotels are not going to be popular any more.