"True" to PC gamers...?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NoQuarter

Golden Member
Jan 1, 2001
1. No, there aren't. Uncharted 2 is still one of the best looking games around on any platform.
2. We're talking two totally different genres.

1. Crysis w/Natural Mod and Metro 2033 for sure, but yes Uncharted 2 is impressive for a console though it could look even better given the advantages of PC hardware..

2. What does genre have to do with it, you brought it up as being a 'best looking game around on any platform' not a 'best looking action-adventure game'

Last edited:

kamikazekyle

Feb 23, 2007
Funny. I thought I was 100% too. Had the same idea, bought a 360, and now I even buy some shooters on that instead of exclusively PC. That was 2 years ago and haven't looked back. Maybe I'm not as much as a snob but I think the graphics are great. And the PS3 has to rival or surpass a 360... We also have a Wii but that's mostly for the kids I guess. Nothing like HD gaming on a 50" Plasma....

Too bad most of the time for consoles it's just 720p or less upscaled to 1080p. Gears of War and Uncharted 2, for example, render at only 720p. Halo 3 is somethig like 640p, and Call of Duty is even less at 600p. They pretty much have to given the old hardware inside the consoles if they want to maintain a good visual quality (as well as employ other tricks). Even though I do enjoy my consoles and their games, it's nearly a night and day difference going back and forth between a console game at 720p upscaled to 1080p on my 58" plasma, and a game natively rendered with AA at 1920x1200 on my PC.