Trouble with WoW and installation

Jest3r

Jan 18, 2008
So I am having a few problems when trying to install WoW. After I finish installing the game and the expansion, I get the error "This program may have not installed correctly."

If I try playing it, it says it is unable to download patches and recommends that I reinstall the game.

Any ideas?

Using Windows 64bit.

p.s. - I am saving it in my (x86)

Thanks!

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I've had no issues installing and playing under Vista 32bit and XP 32bit. You may want to check their forums to see if 64bit OS is supported.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
i installed it like 3 weeks ago when i built my new comp on Vista 64 and had no issues,

try uninstalling and reinstalling

Jest3r

Jan 18, 2008
Okay so the installation is fine, but I am having trouble with the patch. I am still getting the same patch message. =(

EDIT: AHA! To solve the problem, I had to run WoW as Admin, not simply just double clicking on it.

Is there any way to default running all programs in Vista as the Admin?

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Jest3r
Okay so the installation is fine, but I am having trouble with the patch. I am still getting the same patch message. =(

EDIT: AHA! To solve the problem, I had to run WoW as Admin, not simply just double clicking on it.

Is there any way to default running all programs in Vista as the Admin?

no idea i only log in as admin

SilthDraeth

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2003
I run as admin, but I believe my wife has patched the game just as a limited user. I run vista 64.
I did however turn off user account control.

I can ask the wife later if the game patches as limited user.
BTW you shouldn't run as admin. I know this, but still do it.