Trouble with Windows 7 ICS

MDE

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I've been using Windows's built in internet connection sharing with my Xbox 360 and TiVo HD for a while now with no real issues. Recently the TiVo stopped connecting to the TiVo servers, and now the 360 can't connect to Live. I haven't changed anything that would affect this (that I know of), and have tried disabling the Windows Firewall with no results. Both devices can communicate with the PC, the 360 plays media from the PC and the PC can transfer recordings from the TiVo.

I've tried disabling and re-enabling ICS, changing firewall settings, and manually configuring IP addresses and DNS. The only thing that has worked was plugging my MacBook and sharing its internet connection. Everything is back to automatic\defaults again. Any ideas?

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
buy a router or a switch. its well worth the money, especially if windows 7 ICS is the same craptastic implementation thats in XP

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
TO MDE,

Windows XP ICS has always been rock solid for me. But I have no exdpeiences with Xboxes and tivo implementations.

But if your results suddenly went south for you, my first thought is to rebuild your winsock
tcp/Ip stack.