Trouble getting into MSI bios

memory

Oct 3, 2010
I have a buddy of mine that has a desktop with an MSI P6NGM-L motherboard. I am trying to get into the bios to change the boot order so I can boot from a cd but I can't get into bios. When the splash screen comes up and says press delete to enter bios, nothing happens when I press delete. I have spammed the delete key too and I tried different keyboards.

I read somewhere that there is a utility called Fast Boot and that needs to be disabled to get into bios. But I can't find that program through MSI's website.

I also can't figure out which chipset this motherboard is.

I am trying to reinstall Windows but can't since I can't boot from cd.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I have a buddy of mine that has a desktop with an MSI P6NGM-L motherboard. I am trying to get into the bios to change the boot order so I can boot from a cd but I can't get into bios. When the splash screen comes up and says press delete to enter bios, nothing happens when I press delete. I have spammed the delete key too and I tried different keyboards.

I read somewhere that there is a utility called Fast Boot and that needs to be disabled to get into bios. But I can't find that program through MSI's website.

I also can't figure out which chipset this motherboard is.

I am trying to reinstall Windows but can't since I can't boot from cd.

Oh, man! An LGA-775 610i motherboard. It's a 610i NVidia chipset, though. We still have one of those running here in the household.

I've had 680i, 610i and 780i chipsets -- the latter being the best of the lot. I'm almost glad that they don't release any more chipsets and boards with NVidia chipsets for Intel processors . . .

Good luck.

MTDEW

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
You can try clearing the CMOS since Fast Boot is disabled using the default bios settings.

The board uses the Nvidia MCP73V chipset. LINK

Last edited: