Tropico 4 coming soon!

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropico_4

Anyone know anything else about it? Is it a new engine? Whats added from tropico 3?

This could really satisfy those future urges to build stuff :thumbsup:

EDIT: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/tropico4/interviews.html

That answers my own questions :p New engine, he says "theyre building on their previous game" so it shouldnt be dumbed down, none of that appeal to a wider audience bullshit :thumbsup:. Only thing is i wish they enhanced military combat a bit as its what sets tropico apart from other builder games for me. Still combat was good enough in tropico 3 so as long as its not been removed or anything its fine :)

Last edited:

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Tropico 3 was fun for a while then I got bored with it. That music is rather addictive to listen to too. LOL Not sure T4 would interest me but I have to admit I haven't looked at it. Right now I'm playing the old Stronghold 1/2 games again. I like the Medieval theme better.

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
I liked T3, have high hopes for T4. I'm really looking to Anno 2070 more though.

minmaster

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2006
meh it doesn't seem that different from tropico 3. maybe when its on sale for a few bucks.
i'd be more interested if they went back to pirates like they did in tropico 2. that was my favorite tropico game.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
Key Features:

*New campaign – Face 20 new challenging missions across 10 entirely new maps
Build Your Vision of Island Perfection – Not only are the graphics enhanced, but 20 new buildings including the stock exchange, shopping mall, aqua park and a mausoleum for El Presidente allow you to craft your perfect balance of beauty and economic efficiency

*State of Emergency - Six new interactive disasters including volcanoes, droughts and tornadoes prove that Mother Nature can be a tougher adversaries than opponents bent on your political ouster

*Council of Ministers - Appoint selected citizens to ministerial posts to help push through and enact your more controversial decisions and edicts

*National Agenda – Receive objectives from Tropican factions, foreign geopolitical powers or opportunities relating to current island events that can further or hamper your dictatorial ambitions

*Facebook and Twitter integration – Post live Tweets directly from the game or create posts automatically upon completion of missions, unlocking achievements, etc. Store and display achievements and screenshots of your ultimate island empire on facebook and compare your Dictator Rankings against others online (Windows PC only feature)

*New campaign consisting of 20 missions on 10 new maps

*20 new buildings including Stock Exchange, Shopping mall, Aqua Park and a Mausoleum to El Presidente

*Trading system – import and export goods to/from other nations to boost your economy or production

Complete list: http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=7983

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
*Facebook and Twitter integration – Post live Tweets directly from the game or create posts automatically upon completion of missions, unlocking achievements, etc. Store and display achievements and screenshots of your ultimate island empire on facebook and compare your Dictator Rankings against others online (Windows PC only feature)

Does this crap in games irritate anyone else?

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com

I don't like it either, but I can see if you use those services how it may be appealing.

I would have liked to see more features added to the game then that integration because overall it doesn't look like any major changes have been made. I won't be spending $40 for this game on a pre-order, but will buy it eventually.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007

Only if my friends are spamming my news feed. Thank Zygna for that BS. :thumbsdown:

Tropico 3 was awesome. This looks like more of the same, which isn't bad. Closest thing we've seen to a proper sim city style game in a long time.

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011
So basically this is Tropico 3.5 I don't really see a big difference from its predecessor.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005

I think its silly but FB rules the world now it seems and everyone wants to be part of it I guess. Not that I want any of my FB friends bothering me with this stuff nor do I want to bother them.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
So basically this is Tropico 3.5 I don't really see a big difference from its predecessor.

Yeah, I'm not terribly excited by it. Maybe wait a couple more versions before buying the game again.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Yeah, I'm not terribly excited by it. Maybe wait a couple more versions before buying the game again.

The previews for Tropico 6 look pretty sweet. You can micromanage combat AND agriculture (ie. fertilizer type and frequency, watering schedules, etc.)

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
I bought Tropico 3 and haven't played it yet...can't say I'm looking forward to T4 XD

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
I've never played any of the tropicos before, but it sounds interesting. Someone give me a quick summary of what it's like, and which one would be the best to start with!

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011
I've never played any of the tropicos before, but it sounds interesting. Someone give me a quick summary of what it's like, and which one would be the best to start with!

Just wait until Tropico 4 comes out, its basically a rehashed Tropico 3.

Its basically a tropical city building game, that is much more politically and finacially motivated than its Sim City brother.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Personally, I'm more interested in Stronghold 3 which is due out September or October. I forget which month their site says. Anyway, I too would say just wait for Tropico 4 if you are interested in the Tropico series. T4 is basically an improved version of T3 with some added features and maps.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Personally, I'm more interested in Stronghold 3 which is due out September or October. I forget which month their site says. Anyway, I too would say just wait for Tropico 4 if you are interested in the Tropico series. T4 is basically an improved version of T3 with some added features and maps.

Whats stronghold like? Is it like sim army base except the army base is a castle? Sounds fun if thats the case.

Aluvus

Platinum Member
Apr 27, 2006
Whats stronghold like? Is it like sim army base except the army base is a castle? Sounds fun if thats the case.

SimCity with trebuchets. They're worth taking for a spin.

Also, since it's not mentioned directly in the OP: Steam lists the release date for Tropico 4 as September 1.