Triple Screen Help!

Helix42

Nov 3, 2012
Hi guys
I recently purchased an AMD Gigabyte 2GB HD7750 graphics card and it has four outputs, but i cannot seem to triple screen, the computer (running Win 7 Ultimate) recognizes the monitor and can switch to it but not extend the screen to it, this is quite annoying, and eyefinity in the control center does not help. The card has 2 DVI 1 VGA and 1 HDMI but i only have VGA and DVI capable monitors.

Please help

Symon

palladium

Dec 24, 2007
That's very strange, does your card have DP? IIRC all Southern Island cards can only do 2 TMDS displays (VGA, DVI, HDMI), so displayport is needed for a third display.

badb0y

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2010
I think you need to buy a DP to DVI or VGA adapter to get 3 monitors working.

Helix42

Nov 3, 2012
That's very strange, does your card have DP? IIRC all Southern Island cards can only do 2 TMDS displays (VGA, DVI, HDMI), so displayport is needed for a third display.

No the card does not have a DP i have already looked and should have mentioned that before

Symon

palladium

Dec 24, 2007
What's the rest of your system? If you have an IGP you may be able to use it to drive your third display.

Dadofamunky

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2005
So far as I've heard all higher-end ATI cards support 3 or more digital displays but only two DVI's max, one or more must be DisplayPort. I could be wrong.

Helix42

Nov 3, 2012
I have the motherboard from a dell vostro 200 and its a vga and i can have any combo of 2 of the three outputs at once but otherwise it wont work

KingFatty

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2010
A vendor can select which outputs to support. So even though the GPU chip may support triple monitor when using a displayport, the vendor may not have put the corresponding circuitry onto the video card's board.

So your card probably is missing the displayport circuitry and output port.

Is this your card? If so, it only has DDR3 memory (slower than DDR5) and lacks a displayport output so is limited to 2 simultaneous displays. The vendor could have used DDR5 and displayport, but omitted them to provide a more affordable card:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4345#ov
6631_big.jpg