Trip To Nowhere

Nov 17, 2019
No pictures here. No massive expense spent for little to no reason or for 'memories' (memories suck anyways).

I will travel no more forever.

In the past 15 years, I haven't been more than 200 miles from this spot (most often less than 75 miles) and I have no plans to ever be again.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaido and Torn Mind

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
No pictures here. No massive expense spent for little to no reason or for 'memories' (memories suck anyways).

In the past 15 years, I haven't been more than 200 miles from this spot (most often less than 75 miles) and I have no plans to ever be again.

If that works for you, great. I love to get out and see new things.

Don't much care about meeting new people, but scenery and the multitude of strange and interesting things out there...

I might have to try again to get the US State Department to issue me a passport. It's been ALMOST 50 years since they pulled it...

Reactions: BudAshes and KMFJD

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001

Jealousy dose not suit you, we all know who you are targeting here. My response to the bold is as follows -

9fhq2cZ.gif

Feb 4, 2009
I admit I am a bit like OP, I have no desire to make a grand trip anywhere. I do not like traveling far from home. I have no desire to take a cruise other than an afternoon trip.
I much prefer our Maine rental. Small, has a small stove & fridge. Close to the beach, fun area to explore, fun to prep dinner together. Fun to hang out on the porch while wife takes her morning walk.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
I've driven over nine thousand miles in the past three months, all over the American West. I saw some cool stuff. Would do again.

i would love to do that except work has me going 60 hours a week

and there's no way i'm gonna stay in a hotel until COVID is a distant memory

i really should try a small RV someday

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Don't let these haters get you down OP. I'm with you! Screw seeing beautiful locations and creating memories! I don't get the point and don't understand those super cool people who share cool pictures of places like the Faroe Islands.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I'm pretty much the same way tbh. I prefer putting time and money into making my own living space nice for myself so I can enjoy it and get a longer experience out of the money. I do get wanting to see more of the world though, but guess it's just not a priority to me and I do hate the chaos of travel, I get kind of stressed.

If money was no object I probably would travel more though, my type of travel is something like showing up at a resort and be at that one resort for the week and just veg and enjoy the scenery. Something that would be nice to do near end of winter when I'm tired of the cold and darkness. Go to like Cuba or something like that. Either that, or RV travel could be fun too. It would eliminate the stress of constantly packing and unpacking stuff, finding bathrooms and hotels etc. It would basically be like your own house but it comes with you and you always have everything you need and it's organized. Doing a non schedule trip with an RV just exploring stuff could be lot of fun. National parks etc.

An RV build itself would be a fun project too. Like converting a bus. I'd probably enjoy the project more than the actual travel lol.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Don't let these haters get you down OP. I'm with you! Screw seeing beautiful locations and creating memories! I don't get the point and don't understand those super cool people who share cool pictures of places like the Faroe Islands.

Only a real fuckwad would bore people with beautiful pictures of cool, exotic locations like that.

Nov 17, 2019
Been there. Done that. Threw the pictures away.

Travel is fleeting. Ohhh, wow, ahhhh. Then it's done. Home is where you spend your time, so do what's necessary to make it tolerable.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Travel is some of the marrow of life. I love having a nice little homebase/bat cave to chill in, but to do travel right is a blessing. I only wish I could do more. Currently looking into one bag travel options so I can get back out there. It's just a cheaper way to travel and right now budget is my barrier.

You can't take your home with you when you die, but you can take all your experiences as fulfilling memories.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Travel is some of the marrow of life. I love having a nice little homebase/bat cave to chill in, but to do travel right is a blessing. I only wish I could do more. Currently looking into one bag travel options so I can get back out there. It's just a cheaper way to travel and right now budget is my barrier.

You can't take your home with you when you die, but you can take all your experiences as fulfilling memories.

until Alzheimer's gets you and strips your memories from you...

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

This is true. Definitely a glass half full way to look at it :)

Or even worse, your town gets planned upzoning, a few people on your block eventually make two families, and the very fabric of American society is destroyed. It was all for naught.

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

All the more reason to do stuff like travel/adventure while you are physically able to do it! Its been a few years since I did any significant travelling beyond driving to Maine a few times and I miss it!

Truth is that every one of us is a heartbeat away from being done .... a nice long healthy retirement would be nice in some ways but as they say there really AIN'T no Sanity-Clause and being healthy (or even aware!) is far from a sure-thing.

:cool:

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
If that works for you, great. I love to get out and see new things.

Don't much care about meeting new people, but scenery and the multitude of strange and interesting things out there...

I might have to try again to get the US State Department to issue me a passport. It's been ALMOST 50 years since they pulled it...
They 'pulled' your passport?

njdevilsfan87

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2007
I take 8K 360 stereoscopic video (6K is about the bare minimum you need to make VR worth it) on our trips so we can relieve them once in a while. No posing - just set it up here and there and let it roll. It's all about just being back in the scene. It brings back memories of other things that happened around that experience in much more detail. And so my son can eventually go back a time he can't remember, even if only from the point-of-view of the camera itself, it's still a whole different experience than watching something on your phone or other screen.

• Wow
Reactions: Kaido

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
I take 8K 360 stereoscopic video (6K is about the bare minimum you need to make VR worth it) on our trips so we can relieve them once in a while. No posing - just set it up here and there and let it roll. It's all about just being back in the scene. It brings back memories of other things that happened around that experience in much more detail. And so my son can eventually go back a time he can't remember, even if only from the point-of-view of the camera itself, it's still a whole different experience than watching something on your phone or other screen.

What an awesome idea! What's your software & hardware equipment setup for this?