Discussion Tried the one click CPU overclocking feature in the new AMD Radeon software on a Ryzen 5600G

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
It rebooted the system, and the last 24hrs it boosts to 4.654GHz no issues. It throws my i5 10400 a beating in 3Dmark CPU Profile. https://www.3dmark.com/compare/cpu/161792/cpu/108201

Golf clap for AMD. This lets users that don't want any of the hassles of overclocking, get some free performance with no work or knowledge needed.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Sustained workload temperatures for the 5600G and 5700G would be appreciated, as well as a more real world benchmark. But if it's really useful in practice without thermal issues, then awesome!
The only reason I don't throw up a bunch of stuff like cinebench, prime95, etc. is the net is chock-a-block with reviews including that data. And my sample size of one, only reflects where my APU falls in the silicon lottery at best. I used the 3dMark run because it provides the specs, making it easy to share that info.

I have been using it since the OP, and not a stability issue yet for anything I do. Highest reported voltage in HWinfo is 1.444v so far. It set its max frequency limit to 4.655GHz. I don't see temperatures over 70c for anything I do, the most stressful being gaming, using a Noctua u12s Redux. It is currently in a Phantek full tower with excellent air flow in a 74f/23c room as well. How it does in the Deskmini I intend to put it in, remains to be seen.

But yeah, for what I do, it is definitely 100 percent stable with good temps. All I do with this system, is some dvdshrink, makeMKV, handbrake, that kind of stuff, but mostly gaming, including emulators.