Tried burning a cd and the buffer read 0% not 100% then failed.

datdamkid

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2003
Well, I tried burning several CD's and they all failed then I noticed that my buffer read 0%. Then i went into deviece manager to see what was wrong and try to update drivers. And what I had found is that my CDRW (I have 2 of them) are saying that they are SCSI in the device manager. I tried rolling back the drives and even tried updateing, but I didn't get any luck. Has anyone had a problem like this and or can help me out I would greatly Appreciate it. Thanks

Thanks again
Palak

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
uninstall them from the device manager and reboot
windows shoudl autodetect them and install the driver

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
could be serveral things. things i've noted in the past with this.

1. could be an OS update. i once installed a hotfix and it messed with my burner buffer
2. virus
3. some program hogging 100% resources

datdamkid

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2003
do you think it might be because i only have 256megs of ram? I think I need another 256 chip....

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by: datdamkid
do you think it might be because i only have 256megs of ram? I think I need another 256 chip....

256 is enough and shouldn't cause problems like that

datdamkid

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2003
yes, before it use to read 100% now after i formated and reinstalled it stopped working after a couple of burns. I got a few successful but then i rebooted for somethign and it stopped...and for some reason they are reading scsi why they are not.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
The program i am using is NERO 6 Ultra
What Burner are you using?

Sounds like buffer underrun protection is turned off or you don't have buffer underrun protection on that drive.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
yes, before it use to read 100% now after i formated and reinstalled it stopped working after a couple of burns. I got a few successful but then i rebooted for somethign and it stopped...and for some reason they are reading scsi why they are not.

Let me guess - you have a Via chipset motherboard, and installed the newest Via drivers (All of them) when you re-installed? If this is the case, I suggest backing up your important data, and re-installing again, this time, don't install the Via IDE drivers.

Alternately, you could attempt to uninstall them or manual force upgrade the drivers to the WinXP default built-in ones. I would still make a backup before messing with the disk-controller drivers though.