Triathalon/Marathon/Training Forums?

joinT

Lifer
Jan 19, 2001
Hey guys,
a new buddy at work is into training for triathalons & I suggested to him that if he could find a good forum - there would probably be a lot of good human resources to discuss things with to help himself.
I figured this place is so big, with such a varied audience, maybe some of you could help me find him a good forum to frequent.

TIA

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Try the newsgroups. rec.bicycles.racing might offer some help (although some of the regulars there are assholes). There's also a triathlon group and I'm sure several running groups.

joinT

Lifer
Jan 19, 2001
thanks for the suggestion Fausto1 :)
Hamburgerpimp - I know there's lot of us who just sit in front of computer's all day - but I know there are exceptions too ;)

Hamburgerpimp

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
Hamburgerpimp - I know there's lot of us who just sit in front of computer's all day - but I know there are exceptions too

I just got back from a 50 mile bike ride through Escondido back to Encinitas.:)

joinT

Lifer
Jan 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Hamburgerpimp
Hamburgerpimp - I know there's lot of us who just sit in front of computer's all day - but I know there are exceptions too

I just got back from a 50 mile bike ride through Escondido back to Encinitas.:)

So.. know of any good cycling forums ? ;)

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
AAIAIAGJGHGGHAHGIGH!! Alright, alright!!! I'll see what i can find!! Stop with the bumps already!!!

:p

joinT

Lifer
Jan 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Fausto1
AAIAIAGJGHGGHAHGIGH!! Alright, alright!!! I'll see what i can find!! Stop with the bumps already!!!

:p

Thanks man, my friend isn't newsgroup friendly ;)

joinT

Lifer
Jan 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Fausto1
Here's what I could find:

Inside Triathlon

Trisite.com (seems to have a decent amount of info)

Triathlete magazine

Rec.Sport.Triathlon

All I could find for the time being. I have a buddy here in town who is a bad-ass (read: nationally ranked) tri geek. I'll pester him the next time I see him. :)

EDIT- have him use the above link to access the newsgroup via google since he's resistant to newsreaders. ;)

W00T~! thanks d00d. I tried google but most sites really stunk (insidetri stunk big time :p) but thanks for the other links & reminding me that deja.com is a good alt. to using newsgroups.