No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Next year and it aint gonna be cheap.

ss_58df5f127b88c54b54e49924ce9e631a3e746e7b.1920x1080.jpg

Reactions: VirtualLarry

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hopefully Linux is supported as well. No links to the game? Why should we be excited for anyway?

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007

Much like Final Fantasy, theres a lot of games we never got in America. For some reason Nintendo just assumed we wouldnt want these things.
There's a literal pile of games that never made it to America but are popular elsewhere around the world. That being said, given that the OP didn't post any links or videos, I'm not sure why I'm supposed to care about this game I've never heard of before and by the sounds of it, it's not very well known. So... why do we care about this game coming to Steam? What's so great about it?

Reactions: whm1974

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
A lot of the games that had indepth story/lots of dialog were never brought over because of dealing with the translations and possibly animations during the dialog. Some even had to do with perceived cultural issues (i.e. in the case of Nintendo of America, there were tons a rules related to sex, blood, nudity, etc., that were explicitly forbidden, so much so that games that had a bathroom scene or similar type events had to be "fixed/censored"). This meant a lot of re-work on some games to the point that bean counters made the economic decision that it might cost them more money to port it than they would make in profits on the title (especially when you realize where the bulk of the costs/profits went for cartridge based games, the develpers would need to see significant sales to recoup lenghty translation rework).

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
A lot of the games that had indepth story/lots of dialog were never brought over because of dealing with the translations and possibly animations during the dialog. Some even had to do with perceived cultural issues (i.e. in the case of Nintendo of America, there were tons a rules related to sex, blood, nudity, etc., that were explicitly forbidden, so much so that games that had a bathroom scene or similar type events had to be "fixed/censored"). This meant a lot of re-work on some games to the point that bean counters made the economic decision that it might cost them more money to port it than they would make in profits on the title (especially when you realize where the bulk of the costs/profits went for cartridge based games, the develpers would need to see significant sales to recoup lenghty translation rework).
Did they had a more "liberal" policy regarding game sales in other countries?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
ITS OUT!

And I was correct.
they rebuilt it from the ground up and are charging new game prices for it.
Good news is the have a free demo.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Well let us know how it is. Been replaying some older games and have an RPG itch that isn't being satisfying by replaying Legend of Dragoon.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
ITS OUT!

And I was correct.
they rebuilt it from the ground up and are charging new game prices for it.
Good news is the have a free demo.

To be honest, I'm glad that they did it this way, instead of half-arsing it like they did with Secret of Mana.