Trendnet 5 Port 10/100 Fast Ethernet Switch

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Trendnet rebates suck. They lost the cut-out UPC code I sent them and didn't respond to my e-mails/phone calls. Turned a $5 router into a $20 router :|

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Thanks, OP.

They also have the TrendNET TEW-424UB wireless USB adapter for $5.99 AR, as well as the TEW-A1750B Dual-Band antenna for $4.99 AR.

Eagle 2.5" USB Enclosure 2.0 is F.A.R.

All of these deals are in their weekly ad.

tbogstad

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: irishScott
Trendnet rebates suck. They lost the cut-out UPC code I sent them and didn't respond to my e-mails/phone calls. Turned a $5 router into a $20 router :|

I just got a denied rebate for exactly the same thing from them today.

I will be calling everyday till my rebate is approved, but it sounds like they are a bunch of schiesters.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Originally posted by: tbogstad
Originally posted by: irishScott

I just got a denied rebate for exactly the same thing from them today.

I will be calling everyday till my rebate is approved, but it sounds like they are a bunch of schiesters.

I've gotten rebates from them before, but maybe it's because I taped my UPC codes onto the rebate forms so it's undeniably there ;)

Always make photocopies of rebate submissions too so you can fax them proof you had it.

Lurker1

Sep 27, 2003
I got both of mine, and didn't have any issues with the UPC. I didn't attach them either, maybe I was just lucky?

But what I'm really looking for is a 5 or 8 port Gigabit switch.

tbogstad

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2003
I did both of the free AR router deals at compusa in the past couple months.

Both Erebates were approved and checks mailed, 1 already cashed.

The manufacture rebate was denied for copy of UPC, I always copy the UPC with the receipt, so i have a copy on my computer in case of problems, apparently the rebate processor saw the copy on the bottom of the receipt copy, and did not look any further into the envelope, where the original was placed too.

Any excuse to deny a rebate is there policy.

I just called and they said the system was down and I had to call back in a couple hours.

I hope this does not end up like the SOYO fiasco from a few years back.

I wonder if they will denie my second rebate for the same reason.

Lurker1

Sep 27, 2003
You should never ever ever send more than they ask for. Ever.

Precisely because of what you just experienced, unless, of course, you staple/tape the UPC over the copy.... Which I've done :)