Transportation to La Guardia from NJ

Nithin

Dec 31, 2002
Other than Taxis what are my options? I'm at the Super 8 near the Lincoln
tunnel and the motel manager tells me it's going to cost me 90-100 $.

What are my other options to get to LGA?

None of the shuttle options seems to pick up from NJ and since I need to
be there at 5:30 AM i'm kinda reluctant to take the subway.

Thanks,
Nithin.

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003
check njtransit.com for buses from your area into the port authority. then check for shuttles from the port authority to LGA.

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Like blackdogdeek said... Get a NJTransit train to Penn station... take the 1 train one stop uptown to Times Square, switch to the 7 two stops to grand central..

There are frequent shuttles to LGA that depart from the Lexington Avenue side of Grand Central...

Check the train schedules, I am not sure if NJT runs that early to get you into the city early enough to get to LGA by 5.30am...

Alternatively, you could get a cab to the Hoboken train station and take the PATH to 33rd street.. ($2 ride) PATH runs all night and is pretty safe. Then follow subway directions from Penn station as listed above... (33rd st = Penn Station)

BTW, the subway is not that dangerous or scary. even at 4am... Plus you'll only be on it for a total of 3 stops

Nithin

Dec 31, 2002
what is the traffic like at 5:00 in the morning? if i decide to take the cab when should i start to reach by 5:30? is 45 mins enough?

oboeguy

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 1999
You could take a NJ Transit bus into Manhattan and then catch a cab. Much cheaper than taking a NJ cab! OTOH if the buses between the Port Authority bus terminal and LGA are running early enough you could do that -- the terminal is at the Manhattan end of the Lincoln tunnel, where all the NJ Transit buses terminate. Get the idea?

Edit: 45 minutes would probably be enough at that hour but I say you're pushing it. Better safe than sorry and all that jazz.

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
Trains is going to be the cheapest/most annoying way...or I'll do it for $75 :p

ASK THE COMMUNITY