Transgender Navy SEAL "Warrior Princess" Comes Out

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/transgender-navy-seal-warrior-princess/story?id=19314231#.Ua1XzUDrzng

A former member of the elite U.S. Navy SEALs has come out to say she's now a woman.

Kristin Beck, formerly Chris, served 20 years as a SEAL and fought on some of the most dangerous battlefields in the world, but after she left the service she realized she wasn't living the life she wanted.

"Chris really wanted to be a girl and felt that she was a girl and consolidated that identity very early on in childhood," said Anne Speckhard, co-author of Beck's biography "Warrior Princess," which was published over the weekend. Speckhard told ABC News Beck suppressed that secret for decades, however, through the trials of SEAL training and the harrowing missions that followed, growing a burly beard as she fought on the front lines of American special operations.

Brandon Webb, a former SEAL who served on a different SEAL team than Beck, said that Beck's reputation in the SEALs was a good one and said she was, by all appearances, the "consummate guy's guy."

But the book says that Chris "had considered living as the woman he felt himself to be for a very long time, but while he was serving as a SEAL he couldn't do it."

"For years Chris had turned off his sexuality like a light switch and lived as a warrior, consumed with the battle -- living basically asexual. For Chris the other SEALs were brothers and in the man's man warrior lifestyle, even if he had wanted to entertain sexual thoughts, there really was never any time to be thinking too much about sexuality," the book says.

After her retirement in 2011, however, "Now seemed the right time to go for it -- to make his body match his identity -- or at least start by dressing like a woman in his regular life."

Speckhard said Beck first announced her decision to friends online with the declaration "No more disguises" and the book describes her going out to gay bars in Florida as a woman.

Beck is currently on hormone therapy in preparation for sexual reassignment surgery and generally wears long hair, make-up and women's clothes, Speckhard said.

In the book's Preface, Beck said she wrote the book "to reach out to all of the younger generation and encourage you to live your life fully and to treat each other with compassion, be good to each other, especially in your own backyard (where it be high school or your community)."

:eek: That's one courageous person. 20 years fighting the most dangerous, often secret conflicts for their nation and now this. They really delayed gratification for a long time, choosing instead to dedicate their life to service. :thumbsup:

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
I didn't know you could grow a beard in the service.

Usually SpecOps guys when they are in the field they have what are called modified grooming standards. Especially in Afghanistan because if you are interacting with the locals they tend to give more respect to a bearded male than a unbearded male.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
To her I would say thank you for your many years of extraordinary service to the country, and best wishes for the future.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
He will always be he. Sorry. I'm supportive of gay rights and gender re-assignment (at your own private expense). Do whatever you want, have your butthole re-assigned to your abdomen. Whatever. I'm never going to call you a she just because you tuck it between your fromundercheeks, because it falls off due to an infection, or gets blown off, or whatever.

Thanks for your service, MAN! Thanks for serving your country, SIR!

Last edited:

Vaux

May 24, 2013
Even Navy Seals can be weirdos.

It really is disturbing that todays culture is so accepting of this.

Last edited:

colonelciller

Sep 29, 2012
He will always be he. Sorry. I'm supportive of gay rights and gender re-assignment (at your own private expense). Do whatever you want, have your butthole re-assigned to your abdomen. Whatever. I'm never going to call you a she just because you tuck it between your fromundercheeks, because it falls off due to an infection, or gets blown off, or whatever.

Thanks for your service, MAN! Thanks for serving your country, SIR!

your prejudices are new and interesting, may i subscribe to your twitter feed?

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Good for her, she finally gets to be herself. Yes, its not uncommon to find gays and transgendered folks in the military, that really shouldnt be a surprise to anyone. She served her country admirably, obeyed all the rules and worked hard, denying herself a part of life so many hetereosexuals take for granted. She has a right to come out.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Unfortunately all sorts of perversions are being pushed on the public these days. This is still a guy, calling him a woman is an insult to the female gender.

In terms of sex, yes he's male since it's based upon whether you have a Y chromosome or not (with a few exceptions like defective Y chromosome or multiples like XXY or XYY to prove the general rule). Gender identity however is a much more fluid concept and it should trouble no one if Chris now identifies as Kristin.

That being said, I'm glad Kristin waited until separation from the military to make this choice. It would have been hugely disruptive to his team no matter what their feelings on LGBTQ persons generally.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
In terms of sex, yes he's male since it's based upon whether you have a Y chromosome or not (with a few exceptions like defective Y chromosome or multiples like XXY or XYY to prove the general rule). Gender identity however is a much more fluid concept and it should trouble no one if Chris now identifies as Kristin.

That being said, I'm glad Kristin waited until separation from the military to make this choice. It would have been hugely disruptive to his team no matter what their feelings on LGBTQ persons generally.

The problem is that gender identity is no more a meaningful concept than "species identity".

If a woman spends her time wearing pants suits and building her career should we start considering her to be a man because she has adopted typical masculine qualities for her life?

Vaux

May 24, 2013
Good for her, she finally gets to be herself. Yes, its not uncommon to find gays and transgendered folks in the military, that really shouldnt be a surprise to anyone. She served her country admirably, obeyed all the rules and worked hard, denying herself a part of life so many hetereosexuals take for granted. She has a right to come out.

This is exactly what I am talking about. You are even calling him "she", like this is some normal type behavior or some shit. It's disgusting.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Calling himself a she doesn't make him any more a woman than me calling myself a dog make me a dog.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
This is exactly what I am talking about. You are even calling him "she", like this is some normal type behavior or some shit. It's disgusting.

NO, I am not intolerant toward people who are gay, or transgendered, nor am I afraid of them. I am showing respect for someone like this. In life there is nothing "normal". By whose definition do you go by as to what is "normal"? Everyone has a very different concept or definition as to what is normal. I just veiw things differently from you.

Vaux

May 24, 2013
Not as disgusting as you.

Oh ya, I'm the one with the problem here.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Vaux

May 24, 2013
NO, I am not intolerant toward people who are gay, or transgendered, nor am I afraid of them. I am showing respect for someone like this. In life there is nothing "normal". By whose definition do you go by as to what is "normal"? Everyone has a very different concept or definition as to what is normal. I just veiw things differently from you.

There are lots of things normal in life. Like a tree. Trees are normal. Men who dress up like women and cut their dicks off are not fucking normal.

It's pathetic that I even have to explain that to you.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
There are lots of things normal in life. Like a tree. Trees are normal. Men who dress up like women and cut their dicks off are not fucking normal.

Again that is your definition as to what is normal.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
There is something ironic about transgender people.

People who argue in favor of homosexuality say that "they are what they're born as", so no matter what they identify themselves as, its only a lie.

With transgender people, they're born either a man or woman, but what they identify themselves as is what they become so the lie is being what you're born as. LOL

So I guess it's a double, hypocritical standard -- gays cannot change being gay, but transgender people can change what they are by simply saying so.

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
There is something ironic about transgender people.

People who argue in favor of homosexuality say that "they are what they're born as", so no matter what they identify themselves as, its only a lie.

With transgender people, they're born either a man or woman, but what they identify themselves as is what they become so the lie is being what you're born as. LOL

So I guess it's a double, hypocritical standard -- gays cannot change being gay, but transgender people can change what they are by simply saying so.

There is a surgery to do a gender reassignment. Is there a medical procedure that will re-assign what sexual preference somebody prefers?

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012

Normality is relative in this world -- didn't you know that? Everything is relative, and since this is the case, no one can criticize you for having your relative view of what's normal.

Funny how people like oldgamer can change definitions of things on the fly when he is threatened.