Transformers IMAX being released tomorrow (9/21) **OLPAY** (that's **POLL** for all you non Pig latin speakers) **LOL**

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
I have'nt even looked to see if I have an Imax theater around here. Closest big city is Nashville, TN. If I do have one, I may go see it.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: intogamer
I find that watching movies on 1080/5.1 @ home is much more enjoyable.

Which still doesn't come close to an IMAX presentation.

Parasitic

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2002
If it somewhat makes Megan Fox's clothes disappear and her features more apparent then yes.
Otherwise no.

Batti

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2000
I thought it rocked in the theater. Can't wait to see it HUGE. No screen is too big for those robots!

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
I saw it on 4k and that looked STUNNING.

Koing

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
How will they being showing it? Cropped, fullscreen or OAR? They do some funny things with the IMAX showing of non-IMAX films.

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
How will they being showing it? Cropped, fullscreen or OAR? They do some funny things with the IMAX showing of non-IMAX films.

I have no clue. If someone else would ring in on this????

DigitalCancer

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2004
I seen Harry Potter:eek:oTP on IMAX 3D...have to say, i was quite impressed by it. Not sure if that one was specifically for IMAX or not (i would say not), but it looked really good, and don't get me started on the sound. ^_^

SoulAssassin

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
Originally posted by: biggestmuff

Saw it in imax on Saturday night. It was widescreen which means the very top and bottom of the imax screen wasn't used. The picture quality didn't seem any better than a standard screen (in comparison to 300 and HP which I also saw in IMAX) and since they didn't use the full screen it wasn't very impressive. All in all, pretty disappointing.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
They added scenes to the IMAX, couple of which I liked. I'm sitting here watching it on DVD as we speak haha.

I see movies for free so I saw it a few times in theaters. Obviously I like the film.

EDIT:

Those scenes were taken out of the DVD as well (or just not added in to begin with, 1 of the two).

thehstrybean

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2004
Originally posted by: CorCentral
I have'nt even looked to see if I have an Imax theater around here. Closest big city is Nashville, TN. If I do have one, I may go see it.

Chattanooga has one...where are you in relation to us? I'm gonna have to see if it's at the Aquarium!!

Aug 29, 2004
I went to the IMAX at AZ mills and the screen was great but the audio sucked. I thought I would hear bass that would rattle my nutsack but was very disappointed. Damn thing cost double a regular movie. Probably will not go there again.