Transformers 2 release...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
Originally posted by: CasioTech
the first one sucked. Why would I want to see a boring mindless action movie that's really boring has terrible acting, crappy main character, skanky girl actress, got a 50% on rottentomatoes and gave million epilepsy?

Maybe they'll make a sequel to The Color Purple, just for you...

Nope, he was waiting for Season 7 of Smallville to start ;)
Although, Smallville is cool. Chloe is my fav though, not Tom Welling!

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
Originally posted by: MisterJackson
In other news, Saw 19 is released next Friday

"The games have just begun."

Yea ok, I heard that in the first one. :confused:

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: 3cho
they have already killed of megatron, what else is there?

Starscream escaped to outerspace. We never saw what happened to Barricade in the movie. There's still favorites such as Soundwave from the Decepticon roster and more from the Autobot roster.

I'm pretty sure that bringing back Megatron would be a crucial plot point in the movie.

HN

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2001

Mm..Mm...Megatron? Is that You?
Here's a hint *UNT*

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
Originally posted by: Queasy

Starscream escaped to outerspace. We never saw what happened to Barricade in the movie. There's still favorites such as Soundwave from the Decepticon roster and more from the Autobot roster.

I'm pretty sure that bringing back Megatron would be a crucial plot point in the movie.

Ever hear of Galvatron?

bondboy

Apr 2, 2005
possible storylines...

- galvatron
- unicron
- would be cool if they brought in construticons and dinobots
- kill off prime and make us all cry once again? (I hope not)

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
Originally posted by: CasioTech
the first one sucked. Why would I want to see a boring mindless action movie that's really boring has terrible acting, crappy main character, skanky girl actress, got a 50% on rottentomatoes and gave million epilepsy?

Maybe they'll make a sequel to The Color Purple, just for you...
How about a prequel--"The Colors Red and Blue"?? :p

Blayze

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Golgatha

Ever hear of Galvatron?

Hopefully not in the 2nd movie. If there is a 3rd movie then bring on Galvatron, but Megatron needs more screen time.

Hot Rod would be ok, just NO Rodimus Prime. They don't need to repeat the 1986 movie and kill off Optimus Prime. I'm pretty sure Soundwave will end up in the 2nd one. We will also probably see Arcee. She was designed and originally going to be in the 1st movie, but was removed and Ironhide was added. There are rumors that the Constructicons (however they already called one Decepticon Devestator in the 1st movie...), and the Dinobots might show up in the 2nd.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of the original Autobots, and Decepticons...

Cliffjumper, Prowl, Hound, Mirage, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Shockwave, Soundwave, etc...

Nerva

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
who's the decepticon that could transform into 6 things at once?

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: Blayze

Ever hear of Galvatron?

Hopefully not in the 2nd movie. If there is a 3rd movie then bring on Galvatron, but Megatron needs more screen time.

Hot Rod would be ok, just NO Rodimus Prime. They don't need to repeat the 1986 movie and kill off Optimus Prime. I'm pretty sure Soundwave will end up in the 2nd one. We will also probably see Arcee. She was designed and originally going to be in the 1st movie, but was removed and Ironhide was added. There are rumors that the Constructicons (however they already called one Decepticon Devestator in the 1st movie...), and the Dinobots might show up in the 2nd.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of the original Autobots, and Decepticons...

Cliffjumper, Prowl, Hound, Mirage, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Shockwave, Soundwave, etc...

well they are changing Devastator's name to Brawl (I saw the IMax release of Transformers recently, and they fixed it there already) on the DVD release. So they might bring the real Devastator into the mix, however the issue is still present considering Bonecrusher was in the first movie and killed (part of the Constructicons too). But alas, they have quite a few routes they can go, just hopefully all of the main characters stay onboard, Bay stays, and it is of the same caliber as the first one. If so, we are in for another visual treat. :)

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005

soundwave carried 6 guys in him (they were tapes, he was a cassette deck that could transform into the largest transformer of them all iirc).

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001

Ever hear of Galvatron?

Yes, he was originally Megatron...hence the whole "Megatron would be a crucial plot point in the movie" thing.

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001

There were a couple of transformers that had two vehicle modes (Astrotrain being the lamest). There were also the groups like the Constructicons and the Combaticons that had five transformers that could combine into one giant transformer....

I don't remember any that had six transformations though...

AndyHui

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member<br>AT FAQ M
Oct 9, 1999
Sixshot (Decepticon) from Season 4/Rebirth is a sixchanger....

The other ones were Quickswitch (Autobot) and Sixknight from the Japanese continuity.

Blayze

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
Originally posted by: AndyHui
Sixshot (Decepticon) from Season 4/Rebirth is a sixchanger....

The other ones were Quickswitch (Autobot) and Sixknight from the Japanese continuity.

:thumbsup:

Astrotrain, Springer, Blitzwing, etc... were triple changers.

The combiners had different numbers. Most of them were 5 robots that formed one giant robot. However some were 6 (Devestator), and recently they have had some that only had 3 or 4...

Soundwave will make it into the sequel somehow. I don't see him being a cassette player though.

mooglemania85

Diamond Member
May 3, 2007

There were a couple of transformers that had two vehicle modes (Astrotrain being the lamest). There were also the groups like the Constructicons and the Combaticons that had five transformers that could combine into one giant transformer....

I don't remember any that had six transformations though...

Constructicons merge and form Devastator!