Transfering from College to College

Gretzky

Dec 28, 2001
Im at a local 4 year college here in New York City but i really dont like it. I just stared my first semester but i want to transfer to a university. Hofstra University is in my mind and they said they want atleast a 2.0 gpa for transfer students who have less then 24 credits.

Now do i need also a SAT score to transfer or will be my college gpa be enough to transfer? ALso should i transfer after a year or after my first semester is over?

Thanks for any suggestions

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
my understanding, is that they give juniors first priority. then if there are spots left, they fill them with underclassmen.

Piano Man

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
I don't know what to say other than that when I transfered from Iowa State to Northern Iowa (change of majors), I got royally screwed on classes. Only my chemistry transferred. After taking 2 Calc classes, 2 English classes, Physics, Music Appreation, and other stuff, it felt like I just wasted a year. I had to take much easier math, english, and other classes over again. It was a joke. Good luck though.

NogginBoink

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
It's impossible to generalize. Each school has their own policies. Get to know the policies of the school you're xferring into.

If you ask us, and we're wrong, guess who gets the short end of the stick.