Transfer Messages from iPhone to Mac?

timswim78

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2003
I have an iPhone with about 6GB of messages. I'd like to get them off of my phone, but it would be nice if I could save a copy of them on my computer. Is there a way that iOS messages can be transferred to the MacOS Messages app?

Thanks!

Tyranicus

Aug 28, 2007
I don't believe you can import them into the Messages app on your Mac, but you can export them to a file on your Mac with iMazing.

BriannaAndres

Feb 2, 2017
AnyTrans for Mac is made to bring a worry-free solution to better manage iPhone content. It helps transfer iPhone text messages to Mac with the uttermost ease and fast speed. It also saves text messages in pdf, text, or html format on your Mac computer so you can print out the exported iPhone messages directly from your Mac. In addition, AnyTrans also helps transfer messages between two iPhones directly. Moreover, Besides messages, AnyTrans supports transferring other data types from iPhone to Mac like music, playlists, photos, movies, videos, apps, contacts, notes, etc.

How to Transfer Messages from iPhone to Mac with AnyTrans
Step 1. Launch AnyTrans > Connect your iPhone to computer.
Step 2: On Homepage of AnyTrans, select Messages to enter the Message Management Page.
Step 3: Select the messages you want to transfer > Click To Mac. And then all the messages will be transferred to Mac in minutes.

Note: Once your messages are transferred to Mac, you can view them on your computer anytime you like, or print them out for forever preservation.