trade problem

narutofan36

Platinum Member
Jan 29, 2006
Hey, i recently bought some stuff from a user on another forum. He accidently ships it to the wrong address, his parent's house. However, his parents say they never received anything in the mail. He then pms me saying this.

"Hey,
I'm really sorry. I checked the post office yesterday and the only info they had was that the item is in Tustin, which is my parents' house. Since the package wasn't there last time I checked, they suggested me to go to the post office there as they keep track of all items they ship out and they might be holding on to the package.
However, I haven't had time to come back yet. I will go back and check. If it's not there I'm gonna file a claim at the post office. Then I can use paypal seller's protection policy to get your $ back."

i was wondering how long would filing claims take, or should i just file a dispute myself on paypal? thanks

Blain

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
He should simply send you your $$ back and deal with the post office from his end.

dartworth

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Seeing as he shipped the item to the wrong address to begin with, he should just refund your Paypal now. Getting his money back through Paypal has nothing to do with you...

jupiter57

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2001
Sounds to me like you are being either scammed or being used in a scam.
Accidentally shipping to his parents? Nah. Nobody is that lame-brained.
He could have shipped a box of junk, picked it up from his parents house, and now wants to claim it as missing.
He was pretty quick to point out how he was going to retrieve his money from PayPal though, before he even has a clue whether anything is delivered or not.
Give him a day or 2, if he continues this suspicious behavior, file your own claim with PayPal.