Toyota Venza 2013+ opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

valnar

Jul 24, 2002
I'm looking to buy a used Toyota Venza as it is one of the last cars I've tried that actually fit me and is comfortable, provided I don't get the sunroof. I'm 6'4" with a long torso. And before the Subaru Outback fanboi's come out - yes, the Outback was my first choice. I really wanted one but those seats were horribly uncomfortable. Made my back and legs hurt - both the 2014 and 2016 generations.

So anyway, I know the Toyota V6 engine is solid, but I've read a lot about fit & finish problems on the Venza. There are TSB's on the earlier years about rattles and clicks, but I haven't seen any since the refresh in 2013.

If anyone here has a Venza from 2013 or newer, can you give me your general impression of the vehicle? (Leather seats preferred)

BTW, I'm aware Toyota uses thin paint (I have a Camry), and that the interior was designed by a drunk colorblind monkey. I want to find one with the lighter color ivory leather, which I realize will contrast with the black on the top dash, fake wood and silver snakeskin accents. I'm okay with the quirkiness there. It's the rattles, road noise and driveability that concerns me most.

Thanks.

jaha2000

Jul 28, 2008
We have a 2010.
Driveability? its a Camery. Thus its drive like a boring reliable ride.
Ours does not have any rattles.
The road noise is not bad, significanly heigher without the shade deal for the back.

Overall its a great car, that i am sad they are going to stop making. We have the V6 AWD

valnar

Jul 24, 2002
We have a 2010.
Driveability? its a Camery. Thus its drive like a boring reliable ride.
Ours does not have any rattles.
The road noise is not bad, significanly heigher without the shade deal for the back.

Overall its a great car, that i am sad they are going to stop making. We have the V6 AWD

I'm not familar with the latest two generations of Camrys, but my 1998 and current 2006 LE V6 ones were (are) quite sporty. I zig & zag with the best of them. Hopefully it's around that level.

Yep, looking for the V6, and AWD if I'm lucky. Having a hard time finding the exact one I want within a driving distance of where I live, but I'll hit my local Toyota dealership tonight and test drive whatever V6 they have on the lot. Thanks!!

jaha2000

Jul 28, 2008
I'm not familar with the latest two generations of Camrys, but my 1998 and current 2006 LE V6 ones were (are) quite sporty. I zig & zag with the best of them. Hopefully it's around that level.

Yep, looking for the V6, and AWD if I'm lucky. Having a hard time finding the exact one I want within a driving distance of where I live, but I'll hit my local Toyota dealership tonight and test drive whatever V6 they have on the lot. Thanks!!

Your moving a lot more weight with the venza, keep that in mind.
The only thing I dislike about it are the wheels on it. The 20s are nice, but a weird size and selection is quite limited. You are not able to get tires that are long wearing for it.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001

Me thinks you haven't driven a sporty car before :D

MDE

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
FWIW, I'm 6'4" and fit very comfortably in my '12 Jetta and even my prior Mazda 3 was comfortable for me (both WITH sunroofs). I totally agree on the Outback seats (wife has one).

valnar

Jul 24, 2002
The only car I could find that had comfortable seats AND I could fit in with a sunroof was a previous generation RAV4. I just bought a 2009 RAV4 V6. Damn peppy little machine, especially since that monstrous engine is in much bigger cars like the Avalon, Highlander and Venza's.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Or even a Mazda 6. The words zip and zag should never be used with a Camry.

Zip yes. Zag no. Some of those V6 Camry's can rip off a sub 6 second 0-60 and a low 14 second quarter. It's not slow. At least for a car that comfortably holds two adults and two rear facing car seats and a trunk full of Ikea crap.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.