Toyota Supra: 3.8s 0-60, 12.3s 1/4mi, 1.07g skidpad

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
For me personally, I like power and torque as much as the next guy but I also like keeping my license; having something that can get me to up to 60 before I have to brake for the next traffic light just up the street is just too dim-witted. If you've got deep pockets, another daily or access to the track and strip quite often then yea sure have a blast whatever.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Regarding stuff like the 4C & whatnot....like, I thought a lot about what to replace my Renegade with, and settled on an Ecoboost Mustang as my DD:

* The price (sub-$30k, well-equipped) is reasonable for what you get (5.3s 0-60, fancy computer with all kinds of spiffy features like launch control, digital cluster, etc.)
* I actually fit fantastically in it (6' tall)
* The IRS makes it livable as a DD
* I can actually see out of it (front windshield, merging, backup camera, etc., unlike the Camaro, which is built like a tank, window & blindspot-wise)
* The electronic nannies do pretty well in the rain & decently in the snow (although I've bottomed it out in thick snow, lol)
* It's plenty powerful, with 310 horsepower & a turbo (and I do love me some turbos!)

I'll be coming up on a year with it in a few more months, and it's been a really great ride so far! I think the 4C would be a blast, but at double (or triple) the price...well, you saw Doug's review - hard to back up, open the trunk, fit in it, etc. lol. Really fun as toy car, not so great as a practical car. I'm curious to see how the new Supra turns out for people. Also, brag shot because I just washed it: (yay ceramic!)

x0r5PHS.jpg

And the best thing about that car is that you can get it with a V8 for just about $8,000 more. You can't do that with a Supra :)

Reactions: Kaido

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
For me personally, I like power and torque as much as the next guy but I also like keeping my license; having something that can get me to up to 60 before I have to brake for the next traffic light just up the street is just too dim-witted. If you've got deep pockets, another daily or access to the track and strip quite often then yea sure have a blast whatever.

I know it's a bit silly, but that's one of the reasons I didn't get the V8 Mustang...waaaaaaay too easy to get in trouble with that beast lol

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
And the best thing about that car is that you can get it with a V8 for just about $8,000 more. You can't do that with a Supra :)

Exactly...it's a reasonable upgrade for the performance! Here's some sacrilege btw:

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I know it's a bit silly, but that's one of the reasons I didn't get the V8 Mustang...waaaaaaay too easy to get in trouble with that beast lol

That's what makes it fun, though! One flip of the traction control switch, and it's basically burnouts on demand :)

Reactions: Kaido

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
That's what makes it fun, though! One flip of the traction control switch, and it's basically burnouts on demand :)

I do love those switches! My default driving mode is Sport-Comfort...little extra zip, but then you don't have to babysit the steering wheel on the highway because the touchiness has been turned down!