Toyota bailing on California going to Texas

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Toyota is going to relocate nearly 5,000 jobs to Texas.

According to Rick Perry, 60 companies have moved to Texas since July 2012.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/04/28/video-toyota-bailing-on-california/

The world’s leading automotive maker will follow the lead of its competitors and other large businesses, and leave California for better business climates elsewhere. Toyota had its US headquarters in Torrance for more than three decades, but now nearly 5,000 jobs will shift to Texas:

Something those libtards do not understand, they can not tax their way to prosperity. High taxes, high cost of living, excessive regulations are going to drive companies out of the stats.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Good. Better for the CA environment. I'm sure dmcowen and others will be happy that all those rich executives GTFO and hope the door doesn't hit them in the ass when they go.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Hmm, I'm going to be buying a new car soon, guess I can scratch Toyota off the list. I try to avoid sending money to that civil rights black hole that is Texas.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
:thumbsup: Business friendly states attracting more business. Who da thunk? It will be interesting to see how states like California end up when the dust eventually settles.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Toyota is going to relocate nearly 5,000 jobs to Texas.

According to Rick Perry, 60 companies have moved to Texas since July 2012.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/04/28/video-toyota-bailing-on-california/

Something those libtards do not understand, they can not tax their way to prosperity. High taxes, high cost of living, excessive regulations are going to drive companies out of the stats.

yep. happened in NY as well, they are now offering new busniesses 10 years tax free to start/come to NY

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Today Texas, tomorrow completely out of the country as tax and spend assholes get their hooks in that state too.

Good for Toyota. And for now, good for Texas. This crazy state doesn't deserve those jobs or the tax base. It's not just Toyota either. I personally know people who worked for Honda, Ford and Hino (truck making division of Toyota) whose jobs moved them out of crazy California.

We've also been shedding Aerospace jobs for years and the commie idiots here are working on chasing out Silicon Valley and Hollywood as well. The California version of McOwned will get the third world lives they so very much deserve soon enough.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Probably about the same time all the people who complained about the Mozilla CEO stop using javascript.^_^

I wasn't one of the morons who cried about the Mozilla CEO, but I use as little Javascript as possible. It is piss poor for validation and stupid for most other things. If your site doesn't function properly with noscript, I put serious thought if I should be using it.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
:thumbsup: Business friendly states attracting more business. Who da thunk? It will be interesting to see how states like California end up when the dust eventually settles.
For the corrupt thugs running this state it'll be a dream come true... a complete third world fifedom that you won't be able to tell from places like Hell Salvadore and the worst parts of Mexico. The political class will be happier than pigs in shit over it- for them, its all about guaranteed dependent voter blocs and ultra-cheap labor as payment to their political cronies. Well off independent people working for strong companies outside of their kickback loop are just in the way.

Surrounding states will practically have to build border fences to keep the California refugees from spilling into their state, but the sad fact is, the same shit is headed their way also, and for the rest of the country.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Today Texas, tomorrow completely out of the country as tax and spend assholes get their hooks in that state too.

That is what I am concerned about.

Texas population is booming, and it aint because of illegal immigrants. Liberals from left leaning blue states are moving to Texas. Low cost of living, no state income tax, somewhat reasonable property values, lots of room to expand,,.

As more liberals move to Texas, chances are they are going to screw things up for the rest of us.

The Texas constitution prohibits us from having a state income tax. The only way to change our constitution is by a vote of the people.

I am concerned that if enough liberals move to Texas they are going to approve a state income tax, which is probably a reason why they came to Texas to start with.

The people who are moving to Texas do not understand Texas heritage or values. Hopefully the will go back home before they screw this glorious state up.

Question: What is the difference between illegal immigrants and liberals?

Answer: Illegal immigrants work.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Doesn't Texas have some of the highest property tax rates in the country?

TheSiege

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2004
People are ignorant when it comes to taxes, the state needs to be funded, its going to get its taxes one way or another. Toyota is moving to Texas for one reason, and one reason only. 5,000 people will be making a lot less money in Texas than in California. Which means higher profits for them.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
People are ignorant when it comes to taxes, the state needs to be funded, its going to get its taxes one way or another. Toyota is moving to Texas for one reason, and one reason only. 5,000 people will be making a lot less money in Texas than in California. Which means higher profits for them.

And those people will live a better live even with the less money, a 100k salary is of no use is the state and county takes away 50% of it and houses are sold at a price which a blue collar worker can never afford.

TheSiege

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2004
And those people will live a better live even with the less money, a 100k salary is of no use is the state and county takes away 50% of it and houses are sold at a price which a blue collar worker can never afford.

Thats a pretty blanket statement. I am sure people live where they are happiest for the most part. Money isn't everything. California, obviously, has a lot to offer that Texas does not. And likewise.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000

5,000 people will lose their current health insurance plan and have to change their doctors.