"Toy Shop" Demo

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
http://ati.amd.com/developer/demos/rx1800.html

This demo was apparently made for X1800 series cards, but I remember it didn't run very well on a HD 3850. Found the installer while cleaning up my hard disk, and installed it to see how the new HD 5870 fares at it.

Well, suffice to say the demo ran beautifully. The water dripping from the builldings is absolutely gorgeous. The demo is fixed @1024x768 (eek), so to run at different resolutions you have to manually change the "sushi.ini" file in the installation folder. (Open with notepad/wordpad)

Maybe one of these days I'll reinstall Adrian and see how she behaves on a GTX 280? And maybe when Fermi is out I can finally run the "Medusa" demo with all its glory? It's fun to play old demos on new hardware.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Well you got me. I did this one when it came out it looked great . This is the exact same setup except VPU and monitor. Intel P4C at 3.2 with X1950 and 26 inch monitor.

My wife(Intelia) downloaded at the exact same time as I did . But we also did the ass. demo.

My wifes is on unknown cpu. with 5970 and 30" monitor. Guess what I beat her download time she not happy about that download time and both demos looked great. She liked it better on my monitor . Which doesn't surprize me at all.

Last edited:

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Rubycon you have a link for Double cross. It ran fine on this machine back when it came out.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Rubycon you have a link for Double cross. It ran fine on this machine back when it came out.

I don't have a (public) link for it. There was some unsupported format message in the sushi window and I'd have to three finger solute it to kill it.

The Assassin and Whiteout demos run flawlessly in Win7 x64.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Dammit . I download that File it ran slow download only 240 KB/sec to find out it wouldn't run on windows XP average.

Started at 9:41 stopped at 10:02. It suppose to on this line run at 300KB/SEC.

My wife started same time at 9:41 finished @ 9:49 she is on a 700KB business line. It ran good that time don't know why it was slow before. But it played on her machine . I still like metor the Best so does wife. We have 4 lines in 3 business and 1 res. Business lines are 700KB/sec. One business for wife 1 for me and One I can't really discuss but The people around here like me alot . I supply the youth center with there hook up . We also provide the PCs those kids work hard for ya If you give them a task .

Last edited:

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
What is this "Double Cross" thing? Is there a video that I can see?

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Real nice. Was it running on a GTX 280? Hmm.. I thought I tried Medusa on mine and it was pretty crappy. Your video proves me wrong.

Double cross is an older ATi demo. I'm sure one can find it on the public servers.

It looks smoother in the video than on a PC screen (projector) but I would say it was running >30fps most of the time. 1920x1080 with no AA.

We've used that system (QX9650 at 4GHz 8GB RAM single GTX280 EVGA superclocked edition, 4 Intel 80GB HDD RAID0) to run graphics in presentation mode on the big screen.

Here is an animation running on the same setup with me singing "My Heart Will Go On". This was recorded in September 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G_huZp6hsc

I plan on running more animation on higher end graphics with much more polys when I have the time. DX10/11 will be fun. :)

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
tried running the demo and all the colors were f'ed up like they were radio active. could be a crossfire issue

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Ruby all I can say is that was entertaining. You have talent lady. I have a request. Don't want to put ya on the spot . But myself and better half would vary much like some more of your music . Please Pretty please. Also you have link for medusa Wifewants to try it on her PC. Your video was nice.
I also got wife spec wrong . 5870 not 5970. Lol Bob has the 5980 but he is slow at bringing it to home base . It must be good.

Last edited:

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Ruby all I can say is that was entertaining. You have talent lady. I have a request. Don't want to put ya on the spot . But myself and better half would vary much like some more of your music . Please Pretty please. Also you have link for medusa Wifewants to try it on her PC. Your video was nice.
I also got wife spec wrong . 5870 not 5970. Lol Bob has the 5980 but he is slow at bringing it to home base . It must be good.

Thanks. I do backup vocals mostly and lots of coach/rehearsal stuff now as I'm busy with technical details. I do plan on more animation uploads perhaps after the first. Not sure how my time factors in though.

Yeah 5970s are far few in between. No stock. I'll probably get one hopefully before DNF! :D

You should be able to download Medusa from G3D:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/NVIDIA-Medusa-technology-demo-download-1950.html#download

evolucion8

Platinum Member
Jun 17, 2005
Toyshop and Doublecross works fine with my setup, even the Radeon 8500 demos runs fine. I can run nVidia's Medusa demo with a hacked file, but it do artifacts when the guy is turning to stone, it looks horrible. So much for DX10 compliance in nVidia demos...

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
Ruby I confess that I thought you were joking when you said it was your performance. I thought it was actually Celine Dion - until the climax of the song where she would scream " :whiste: ~nothing I fear~ :whiste: " with her ear-piercing voice. :biggrin:

Your voice is absolutely amazing and I wonder if you have any label under your belt yet? I'm soooo buying one.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Ruby I confess that I thought you were joking when you said it was your performance. I thought it was actually Celine Dion - until the climax of the song where she would scream " :whiste: ~nothing I fear~ :whiste: " with her ear-piercing voice. :biggrin:

Your voice is absolutely amazing and I wonder if you have any label under your belt yet? I'm soooo buying one.

Ooooh you're too nice. :$ No labels but if I were in the biz on land I'm sure my name would be on some records - not as a performer but engineering/production.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
I listened to this thing a few times , I got to know . With a voice like that . I am guessing that your looks are Fabtastic also . Am I correct .