Town BANS the displaying of Yellow Ribbons.

Chadder007

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
http://www.trentonian.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=7524241&BRD=1697&PAG=461&dept_id=502176&rfi=6

The borough mayor supports the council?s unanimous vote to outlaw any ribbons or other memorials for the American troops fightingin Iraq, if those ribbons are placed on public property because the government doesn?t want them there.

Public Official says that we shouldn't display this kind of support because then it would lead to Nazi and Confederate flags being posted on public property. How could he compare this to that??? Idiot

C'DaleRider

Jan 13, 2000
I've always wondered where the yellow ribbon thing came from........certainly could NOT come from that Tony Orlando and Dawn song about the CONVICT getting out of prison.....I hope.

justint

Banned
Dec 6, 1999
Yellow Ribbons and American Flags.

When you absolutely positively need to do the least possible to show your support for our troops. Screw the ribbons, make a contribution to the Red Cross or go volunteer.

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
if those ribbons are placed on public property

im sure you wouldnt want one of those "no blood for oil" signs draped all over city hall and there was nothing anyone could do about it.
geez, just put one on every house in the neighborhood, what's the big deal.

Judgement

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Yea I mean why should we support our troops, they are afterall the ones making all the decisions about who we go to war with
rolleye.gif

Not to mention they're only the people who volunteered to protect you, your family, and your freedoms from tyranny but we should all group together denouncing their actions, throwing rocks at them, or show no remourse for those that die in combat... afterall that would be the sympathetic thing to do.

Tates

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 25, 2000
Political correctness taken to the extreme.

Reminds me of when the City Manager of Eugene, Oregon banned christmas trees and christmas decorations from public facilities after a non-christian group commented negatively.:confused:

MemnochtheDevil

Aug 19, 2001
Originally posted by: drewshin
if those ribbons are placed on public property

im sure you wouldnt want one of those "no blood for oil" signs draped all over city hall and there was nothing anyone could do about it.
geez, just put one on every house in the neighborhood, what's the big deal.

Yep, this equal rights thing keeps getting in the way...

Come on people this just keeps people from being able to put up all kinds of junk on public property. Would you be reacting in the same way if they were banning antiwar signs? Legally if they let people put up ribbons and then someone puts up an antiwar sign/symbol, they can't just take down the antiwar sign/symbol.

Just put up what ever you want on your property. And I also think a flag is more appropriate than a ribbon.

smartt

Golden Member
Sep 27, 2000
They should string the mayor up in townsquare with a yellow ribbon. Commie bastard.