Tow truck driver that killed a woman outside of my office murdered

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

labgeek

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2002
Originally posted by: PingSpike
That doesn't really make sense either though. If they were trying to get away with it, they would have waited awhile to make the motive less obvious.

But you're assuming they're using rational thought. I'm not. They might have "needed" to take revenge, and then got into a situation where the witness was there unexpectedly.

scorpmatt

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: shilala
Originally posted by: jumpr
Originally posted by: Skoorb
That sucks. If it was simply an accident I don't imagine the guy deserves to die, let alone the person he was with. They'll find the killer, if he/she was a relative of the woman. Mark my words. Mark them.
Marked.
Double marked.

Triple marked

Originally posted by: Nik
Originally posted by: jumpr
Wow, talk about the ultimate revenge.

EDIT: but there were two people murdered. That totally invalidates whatever shred of appreciation I had for the murderer. You avenge the end of one 'innocent' life by murdering not only the killer but another innocent?

That's complete bullshit.

Yeah, it's better to leave a witness to the crime that lowers you lower than the original crime committed to begin with. :thumbsup:
Then it was a shittily-planned murder. Why didn't the person stake out the tow-truck shop and commit the murder when the owner was the only person there?

Vigilante justice can be rewarding and swift, but it cannot be done willy-nilly. Planning is required.

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
Originally posted by: So
Originally posted by: Howard
Karma is a bitch. Yes, I said it.

Karma is a ridiculous fantasy made up to comfort people who don't understand statistical probabliliy. It's about as reasonable as going to live with a magical man in the sky when you die. Yes, I said it.

Tell you what...why don't you go do something like the tow truck driver did and see what happens?

:roll:

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons
Originally posted by: Landroval
Someone explain to me how killing someone who accidentally (thugh negligently) killed your relative helps things.
Witnesses say he never touched the brakes...
It keeps him from killing anyone else. And with penalties for this kind of killing so light compared to pirating a star wars movie or being caught with drugs, there wasn't much chance of real justice in the court system.

:thumbsup: exactly

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Originally posted by: labgeek
That doesn't really make sense either though. If they were trying to get away with it, they would have waited awhile to make the motive less obvious.

But you're assuming they're using rational thought. I'm not. They might have "needed" to take revenge, and then got into a situation where the witness was there unexpectedly.

Well thats what I was saying. If they just plain needed to kill him...why bother trying to hide it by killing the witness?

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
I would need to know more about the original accident before passing judgement.

Was the tow truck driver charged with anything? What exactly happened in the original accident?

To be honest, if anyone killed a member of my family and got away with it scott free, they would be dead as a doornail. But at least I would wait a little while to clear the air.

labgeek

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2002
Well thats what I was saying. If they just plain needed to kill him...why bother trying to hide it by killing the witness?

Because you still don't want to get caught?

labgeek

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2002
Originally posted by: jpeyton

Was the tow truck driver charged with anything? What exactly happened in the original accident?

To be honest, if anyone killed a member of my family and got away with it scott free, they would be dead as a doornail. But at least I would wait a little while to clear the air.

A previous story is linked from that one...
Police say charges of disobeying a red traffic signal and reckless driving are pending against the driver of the tow truck, identified as 30-year old John Drees of the 300 block of Lucas Creek Road.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Bigsm00th

Karma is a ridiculous fantasy made up to comfort people who don't understand statistical probabliliy. It's about as reasonable as going to live with a magical man in the sky when you die. Yes, I said it.

its funny that you can claim your opinion is the truth. prove to me that karma isnt real and that there is no man in the sky. lets hear it.

One cannot assume that something exists without some sort of evidence. Furthermore, simple statistics 'explains' all the tripe that comes with the fantasy of "karma"

DAGTA

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Perhaps there is a third party involved that has wanted to kill the driver for some time. That party may have figured now was a good time since suspicion would go the relatives of the woman that was killed.

Landroval

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2005

What would that accomplish?

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: MaxDSP

Tell you what...why don't you go do something like the tow truck driver did and see what happens?

:roll:

Jail is quite likely. That has NOTHING to do with karma. :roll:

If I hit someone with a train, I am no more or less likely to die of cancer.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: labgeek

A previous story is linked from that one...
Police say charges of disobeying a red traffic signal and reckless driving are pending against the driver of the tow truck, identified as 30-year old John Drees of the 300 block of Lucas Creek Road.

Thanks, I just took a look at the original story.

Those two charges are complete garbage. Where's the manslaughter charge?

The tow truck driver had it coming to him. Good riddens.

And to those asking what revenge would accomplish...it would make quite sure that the guy responsible doesn't have a shred of happiness for the rest of his life, however short it may be.

irwincur

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2002
Sucks for the innocent guy.

This actually happened in my neck of the woods last week - well not this case but something similar. A guy was apparently shot at random. A knock on the door, bang, dead. However, it took the media a week to finally figure out that the guy had killed an old lady a year or so ago when he ran off the road while high on coke.