Total Annihilation rocks...but what about TA: Kingdoms?

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
I already have TA & the Core Contingency expansion..and I just placed a bid (eBay..taking a chance here.. :p) for Kingdoms. $2 s/h..and I bid a whole dollar..so worst case, I'll only be out 3 bucks. Does anybody have TA: Kingdoms, and is it worth anything?

Hoober

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2001
There's a game I haven't played in many years. I never played Kingdoms, but I loved the original.

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
original TA was a classic...its too bad that the land units were so slow though...everyone usually played all air.

It was fun to play long games against the computer and plant big berthas near his base.

Liviathan

Platinum Member
Feb 21, 2001
TA was great...spent many hours with that game, got my moneys worth. Kindgoms was a big dissapointment for me. Just never got into it, just went back to the original TA.

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Kingdoms... *shudder* It was horrible. Good animation/graphics, but horrible play

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I think gogamer.com has TA: Kingdom for $.99.

edit: sorry, it's up to $1.90.

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
it sucks they went outta bizness...thats what happened to cavedog right?

i loved TA especially playign it with freinds

FlashG

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 1999
I still play TA from time-to-time. Try adding some packs.

Watch the popups

Nice site

I never could get into Kingdoms. Don't know why but it couldn't hold my interest.

Too bad I can't access game sites from work.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Kingdoms was decent. I had a lot of fun with it.

Some of the units were pretty interesting like the big boulder-chucking guys and units which make other units (allows you to have a mobile barracks). I would definitely say it's worth a couple bucks and a few hours anyway.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Kingdoms was alright... I'd rate it a 6/10.

TA ruled though! Best multiplayer RTS evar!

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
Since TA is one of the best games ever made, TA:K can't quite come close, but it's not bad in its own right. If you're getting it cheap you may as well try it. I think the high expectations set for it hurt it.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
The patches for Kingdoms made a huge difference, hunt them down if you get it.

igowerf

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
Kingdom's wasn't that good. The sound was horrible, the graphics were decent, and the game play was weak.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Well, I paid $2.50 for it..cheaper than a bag of chips..hopefully it's worth it :p

KhoiFather

Platinum Member
Jun 28, 2002
Total Annihilation was the greatest game ever. It let you expand and add so many things to the game play. I wish the Cavedog never ran out of business and created a Total Annihilation 2. I remember the days I used to edit and modify this game like crazy. Like I would edit it so I can build like 50 Krogoths in less then a minute and just send them all away to the enemy AI. Of course I would edit so that the AI was stronger then usual and still be able to take out the Krogoths. Yeah, those were the days. TA and TA:CC all the way baby!

Xcrown

Nov 1, 2000
Kingdoms was so so. Very cool idea, great engine, but limited gameplay. The single player was fun once, thats it. Multiplayer was nowhere as open as the original TA. 3 bucks? Get it.

Xcrown

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: CadetLee
I already have TA & the Core Contingency expansion..and I just placed a bid (eBay..taking a chance here.. :p) for Kingdoms. $2 s/h..and I bid a whole dollar..so worst case, I'll only be out 3 bucks. Does anybody have TA: Kingdoms, and is it worth anything?

I have it. It might be worth the 3 bucks you're paying for it. I loved TA, but couldn't play TA: Kingdoms for more than two minutes before I had to turn it off.

styrafoam

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
You know what sucks? The sequel to Total Annihilation was supposedly farmed out to Korean powerhouse developer Phantagram. You may not have heard of them, they ported Warcraft to the pc and called it Kingdom Under Fire. Kinda similar to how the rights to Myth were sold off. Myth 2 is a great RTS you should try if you haven't yet.