Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Taken from SD:
Toshiba REGZA 47HL167 47" 1080p LCD HDTV

Link

Price mistake ???

for a 47"

Product Features

* 47" widescreen HDTV (16:9 aspect ratio)
* built-in digital (ATSC) and analog (NTSC) tuners for over-the-air TV broadcasts (antenna required)
* built-in QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
* CineSpeed LCD panel (1920 x 1080 pixels)

Technical Details

* Model: 47HL167
* Display Size: 47 inches
* Display Technology: TFT active matrix
* is_hdtv_compatible: Y
* image_aspect_ratio: 16:9
* tv_tuner_multichannel_preview: POP
* speakers_included_description: 2 speakers
* audio_output_mode: Stereo
* Depth: 4.6 inches
* Height: 35.0 inches
* Width: 49.0 inches
* Weight: 89.08 pounds
* Item Package Quantity: 1

cytoSiN

Platinum Member
Jul 11, 2002
That's unbelievably hot. It was $2000 a month ago. I wish I was in the market...it's so hot, I might be... :D

cytoSiN

Platinum Member
Jul 11, 2002
Originally posted by: Anonemous
Originally posted by: intersys
Beach has it for 1284 with Free Shipping

http://www.beachcamera.com/sho...uct.aspx?sku=TB42HL167

That's a 42".

This is a 47".

Which illustrates how ridiculous this is...list is $2499...Toshiba is releasing a new model very soon (47LX196), so OD (and other vendors if you search around amazon, but not as cheap as OD) is probably trying to clear out this model (47HL167)...so incredibly tempting!!!

dehemke

Nov 17, 2004
@ the Egg:
Original Price: $2,299.99
You Save: $400.00
$1,899.99 w/ Free Toshiba HDMI DVD player w/ combo

So this is definitely a deal... must resist

Connectivity
Input Video Compatibility PC Input: Analog RGB
ATSC/NTSC/QAM Digital Tuner
480i/480p/720p/1080i/1080p
HDTV Capability HDTV Tuner Inside
Connectors PC Input 15 Pin D-Sub
ColorStream HD Component Inputs 2
Side AV Input 1
Rear S+AV Input 1
RF Input 1
Fixed Audio Out 1
Optical Audio Out 1
Service Port (SD Card Slot-Service Only) 1
HDMI 3

Anonemous

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
nvm it's 42" :( darn office depot misrepresented the tv and is sent out the 42", time to call amazon

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
i was contemplating on ordering one.

it would've been sweet 47" 1080p for about 1400 total with tax and ship

luv2liv

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
ridiculous!!!
im contemplating whether to upgrade the westinghouse 37 to this 47 beast.

so did anyone sucessfully ordered it with the price mistake?

cytoSiN

Platinum Member
Jul 11, 2002
nvm it's 42" :( darn office depot misrepresented the tv and is sent out the 42", time to call amazon

You ordered it and they notified you that quickly?

Anonemous

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: cytoSiN

Yes, and office depot and tech depot won't let me cancel.

edit: Since it already is in transit. I have to refuse shipment...

Odeen

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2000

Actually, don't. Call your credit card company. Tell them you never got this 47" TV you ordered (they might want a copy of the invoice). Dispute the charge. Keep whatever it is that OD sent you - by law you're allowed to keep any merchandise that's sent to you unsolicited.

Anonemous

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Odeen

Actually, don't. Call your credit card company. Tell them you never got this 47" TV you ordered (they might want a copy of the invoice). Dispute the charge. Keep whatever it is that OD sent you - by law you're allowed to keep any merchandise that's sent to you unsolicited.

I don't think it works that way. Office Depot will obviously want me to return it.

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001

they notified you of the mistake yet they still havent changed the webpage to reflect that its a 42 inch instead....whats up with that.

Anonemous

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: BooGiMaN

they notified you of the mistake yet they still havent changed the webpage to reflect that its a 42 inch instead....whats up with that.

they want to trick more customers?

cytoSiN

Platinum Member
Jul 11, 2002
For real...it's false advertising to leave it up like that and then force people to refuse delivery. Plus, if you're not home when it comes, but you live in an apartment, it can be left with the doorman and you have no chance to refuse it...doesn't affect most people, but still, it's BS.

Pardus

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2000
smoking hot.. too bad they don't have a 42 inch in the same price range. someday soon, tv's will have a ethernet port or be wireless capable so one can stream video directly to it.

D

Deleted member 4644

WTF... this is still up.... Anonemous can you give us any updates?

From the Amazon site regarding incorrect product descriptions: "your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition"

Anyone going to pull the trigger on this?

phenderson

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2003
For what its worth, Toshiba, Samsung, Pioneer, have some of the best LCD's around. Really nice units... I was shocked by the quality of one of Toshiba's 27 inch units on display in at Best Buy, while it was attached to a Windows Media Center PC... totally blew me away. And if it has the built-in Guide Plus, that is a Super Bonus...

imported_OrSin

Jul 15, 2004
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline...products/unorderd.shtm

http://www.law.cornell.edu/usc..._00003009----000-.html

Any merchandise not specifically ordered is a free gift.

First let me say both those laws are meaningless in this situtation. Those laws are things you never asked for. You ask for this product. Now, they sent you a product that dont match the distriction, so now it up to you to prove you dont have what you ordered. And depending on who you card company is to see if you can stop the payments. I got American express and I all I had to do to stop payments before was to write a letter and send in pictures. I also had to send it back but they had to send UPS out to my house and pick it up.

It you dont get what you ask for, it dont mean you get to keep it. But you dont have to go out of your way to get it back to them either.

imported_OrSin

Jul 15, 2004
Originally posted by: ActiveX
smoking hot.. too bad they don't have a 42 inch in the same price range. someday soon, tv's will have a ethernet port or be wireless capable so one can stream video directly to it.

Dont bet on that. You can't enforce encryption and DRM over ethernet so it will be very long way off, before they give os something that makes so much since. BTW I have a tv with built in ethernet but i can only web browse with it. I have tried so hard to see if icna stream vidoe from a web site, but the browsed dont support any but basic contect. IT even has problems with frames. So close :)

Odeen

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: OrSin
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline...products/unorderd.shtm

http://www.law.cornell.edu/usc..._00003009----000-.html

Any merchandise not specifically ordered is a free gift.

First let me say both those laws are meaningless in this situtation. Those laws are things you never asked for. You ask for this product. Now, they sent you a product that dont match the distriction, so now it up to you to prove you dont have what you ordered. And depending on who you card company is to see if you can stop the payments. I got American express and I all I had to do to stop payments before was to write a letter and send in pictures. I also had to send it back but they had to send UPS out to my house and pick it up.

It you dont get what you ask for, it dont mean you get to keep it. But you dont have to go out of your way to get it back to them either.

I don't see it that way. I ordered Item X. I never received Item X. I'm therefore filing a dispute with the credit card company.

The fact that Item Y, which I never ordered, showed up on my doorstep is covered by the law quoted in the Cornell university link.