Top selling video cards on Amazon

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTeal

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
Amazon top 10 means almost nothing, as it takes in total lifetime sales as well, which is why very old cards are in that list.

Surely nobody thinks an 8400GS is in the top ten cards sold today.

If it wasn't for integrated graphics, I'm not even sure I would be surprised by the 8400GS in Newegg's results. Just go to Video Cards without filters and search by price, and what's the first one that comes up? 8400GS.

Phynaz

Lifer
Mar 13, 2006
Newegg's listing is based on recent sales only. All of those cards were recently promoted with codes and discounts. It most certainly is NOT a listing of the most popular cards on Newegg.

Amazon's listing is much more accurate, and what I've always found very interesting about it is how dominant EVGA is. 8 of the top 10.

Amazon updates their top seller listings every 60 minutes.

Phynaz

Lifer
Mar 13, 2006
Difference here is Newegg sees more "informed" buyers, while Amazon is your casual gamers that don't know anything about video cards. The more of a computer hardware enthusiast you are the higher your chances of buying an AMD card are. This is why so many more joe blows own Nvidia cards bought from Best Buy or Amazon yet on computer hardware forums you will find many AMD card owners.

Citation needed.

IllogicalGlory

Mar 8, 2013
There are a disturbing number of reviews for the 8400gs from this month and the last. I think people are still buying it; most likely because it was listed as a top seller and people think that a top seller must be a safe bet.

poofyhairguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2005
I own or have recently owned four of those cards, including the number 1 card.

Where do I apply to get my nvidia fanboy label?

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
I personally like the Nvidia low end/mid range cards myself. I can see why they are top sellers. Seems there's just more selection too.

Status
Not open for further replies.