Top Gear Gets Attacked By Southerners

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004
Text

I am disgusted that people act like this in America. :|

You would think these people have yet to evolve from prehistoric times.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
1. They were provoked.

2. It's a TV Show, get over it.

3. People have a right to their own beliefs no matter how ignorant they appear to be.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: bamacre
1. They were provoked.

3. People have a right to their own beliefs no matter how ignorant they appear to be.

You don't have a right to throw rocks at people and threaten physical violence just because someone puts unpopular words on their cars.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Bahahahahahahahaha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That was awesome.

Must correct error on their part though.

North Carolina is Nascar Country, specifically Charlotte.

Not Alabama. Only thing Alabama lays claim to is Talladega Superspeedway.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
1. They were provoked.

4. They probably had to drive around for months before someone took the bait.

5. Similar reactions can be provoked by doing other things in other areas of the country.

6. Top Gear probably said / yelled things to those people that were not shown in the final video (edited out) in order to provoke a television worthy clip.

7. I hope you people get the message and stay the hell out of the south if you want to live. :p

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Phokus
1. They were provoked.

You don't have a right to throw rocks at people and threaten physical violence just because someone puts unpopular words on their cars.

You're exactly right, but it's still not a good idea to try to provoke others.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: wazzledoozle
Bwhahahah typical ignorant, hateful rednecks ready to bust out the shotgun.

Hey, they control your heros in Government.

Didn't you move from LA to TX? :roll:

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
I went to the South. Sat at a diner. I didn't feel like shaving so I looked like a terrorist.

The whole place was staring me down. Even the black people. There were no Middle Eastern people around. I don't think they have ever seen one before in person.

I still got my meal on time and I lived :). What saved me is that I was wearing American Eagle clothing. I wonder if the situation would have been different had I wore a robe and sandals

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
1. They were provoked.

You're exactly right, but it's still not a good idea to try to provoke others.

To me it looked like they were more pissed off with what the show was trying to do, than the words on the cars. They knew they wanted them to say stuff and possibly attack them. Thats why there were pissed off and did it. Just listen to the gas station owner.

marvdmartian

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2002
Originally posted by: Dissipate
Text

Yeah, doesn't it suck that some liberal whacko from the left coast thought it would be entertaining to antagonize a bunch of people for no other reason than to irritate them and try to get them to react, hopefully violently??

I think they'd have done just as well to appear on the Jerry Springer show.......which is taped up north, isn't it? :roll:

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Aimster
I went to the South. Sat at a diner. I didn't feel like shaving so I looked like a terrorist.

The whole place was staring me down. Even the black people. There were no Middle Eastern people around. I don't think they have ever seen one before in person.

I still got my meal on time and I lived :). What saved me is that I was wearing American Eagle clothing. I wonder if the situation would have been different had I wore a robe and sandals

I don't know, I am asian but I was always treated real nice in south carolina, the people there are very friendly. I did get a fair number of people looking at me but it didn't feel hostile at all. Lots of beautiful and friendly women.

Love it, i would consider moving there if I had a job and didn't have obligations here.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: marvdmartian
Originally posted by: Dissipate
Text

Yeah, doesn't it suck that some liberal whacko from the left coast thought it would be entertaining to antagonize a bunch of people for no other reason than to irritate them and try to get them to react, hopefully violently??

I think they'd have done just as well to appear on the Jerry Springer show.......which is taped up north, isn't it? :roll:

Uh, I'm pretty sure these folks were Brits, professor.

wazzledoozle

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2006

:confused:

I have no idea what that comment's about, do you think I'm some bleeding liberal or something? For the record, it is wazzledoozle's opinion that both the "Republicans" and "Democrats" are utter bullshit.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006

:confused:

I have no idea what that comment's about, do you think I'm some bleeding liberal or something? For the record, it is wazzledoozle's opinion that both the "Republicans" and "Democrats" are utter bullshit.

Dave thinks anyone that has a different opinion than him is a republican.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
1. They were provoked.

I had stones thrown at me in Vancouver BC because my ship pulled in there. A friend of mine was hit with a brick thrown form a building in mexico as we waited to cross a street. I was in the hospital with a sailor who had been tied to the back of a jeep and drug through the streets when he was in Bahrain. The world is an unfriendly place. Provoking people is stupid.

steppinthrax

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2006
I'm not too surprised that people from that part of the country act like this. Alabama is the armpit of the country. Unfortunatley a lot of the southern states act like this with the exception for a few. If you drove a car around with that type of slogan on it where I live most people wouldn't give a ******. What makes it funny is the fact that they are brits (not native the the U.S.) doing this kind of like to find out what's it like LOL. If we took just those states off the map of the country you would see a large change in "forward thinking".