"Top" button should go higher

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
I wish the "top" button inside threads would take the page up higher so you can see/click pm's, "navigation:", and the other links on the "customize","profile", etc. line. 90% of the time I use the "top" button, its to access one of these.

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Originally posted by: jjsole
I wish the "top" button inside threads would take the page up higher so you can see/click pm's, "navigation:", and the other links on the "customize","profile", etc. line. 90% of the time I use the "top" button, its to access one of these.
Press the "Home" button on your keyboard. :)

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: jliechty
Originally posted by: jjsole I wish the "top" button inside threads would take the page up higher so you can see/click pm's, "navigation:", and the other links on the "customize","profile", etc. line. 90% of the time I use the "top" button, its to access one of these.
Press the "Home" button on your keyboard. :)
werd. :)

(keyboard you mean but nevertheless thats what I needed)

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
blah, it stinks to have to go to the keyboard and then back to the mouse. It would still be very helpful to have the TOP button go to the top of the page, or atleast higher.

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
blah, it stinks to have to go to the keyboard and then back to the mouse. It would still be very helpful to have the TOP button go to the top of the page, or atleast higher.
Solution: Navigate entirely with keyboard. ;)

The only problem is that, although the tab order is technically laid out in order, it would be more convenient if the first time you pressed tab the PM thing was highlighted, then the navigation dropdown, then the links in the post, et. al. The way it is currently, you have to step through the ads, and all the little buttons under the navigation dropdown, which makes keyboard navigation very time consuming. Only problem is, I can't remember if it's even possible to change tab order via HTML properties. :eek:

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: jliechty
Originally posted by: jjsole blah, it stinks to have to go to the keyboard and then back to the mouse. It would still be very helpful to have the TOP button go to the top of the page, or atleast higher.
Solution: Navigate entirely with keyboard. ;) The only problem is that, although the tab order is technically laid out in order, it would be more convenient if the first time you pressed tab the PM thing was highlighted, then the navigation dropdown, then the links in the post, et. al. The way it is currently, you have to step through the ads, and all the little buttons under the navigation dropdown, which makes keyboard navigation very time consuming. Only problem is, I can't remember if it's even possible to change tab order via HTML properties. :eek:
as a subscriber I don't see ads, but I could never go to comlete keyboard navigation and I think many others couldn't either. Too frustratingly inefficient, especially with long threads, as well as the inconveniences of doing other things on the computer between surfs.

My hopeful suggestion, lets just raise the roof a tiny bit on this Top button. :)

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
great idea! maybe they could take our pizza delivery order at the same time too! :D ;)

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
Originally posted by: jjsole I wish the "top" button inside threads would take the page up higher so you can see/click pm's, "navigation:", and the other links on the "customize","profile", etc. line. 90% of the time I use the "top" button, its to access one of these.
great idea! maybe they could take our pizza delivery order at the same time too! :D ;)
LOL :p

what goes around comes around. :)

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
LOL :p

what goes around comes around. :)
;)