Took a few months off of exercise/eating right

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by IHateMyJob2004, Dec 10, 2012.

1. IHateMyJob2004

After a leg injury (very bad pulled groin) and a shoulder injury (fell akwardly playing hockey) I stopped lifting weights and running for a while. Other than the occasional workout that was probably an average of once a week for the past 3 months,m I am getting back into it.

I was up to a 5 mile run at my peak. I think I can get back to 3 milers in a week or two. I can still do 2 miles like nothing. Waiting for new running shoes I ordered t oget in to the local running store.

I havn't touched weights in a while.

Today, I have taken in a bout 150 calaories post lunch. Trying to get back to 1500 daily cals.

Due to health reaons, I can't use supplements or use whey powder. So protein intake is going to be a PITA. Might have eggs every morning to help a bit.

Anyway, cheer me on. I missed alot of my goals for this year due to injuries and falling on the healthy food/low calorie bandwagon.

Just hoping to finish slightly lighter by new years. My low weight was soemthing like 197 (started at 235 or so 2 years ago). But today I am close to 210. I think minus water weight I'd be at 203 in a week. So I think I gained about 5 pounds.

Tiem to get to it! I'll probably start up my old log to keep me honest or just use this thread to post activities.

2. Ashenor

Ashenor Golden Member

I like myfitnesspal.com has a mobile app also, very easy to use and will keep you honest and aware of where you are.

3. IHateMyJob2004

That's interesting. They have an app. I was using fitday.com. Works fine on mobile. But never even thought about hte need for an app. Hrmm. .... maybe it is time to switch.

Signed up for myfitnesspal.com. That's a nice site. Simpler than fitday by a long shot. Going to grab the app later and check it out.

4. IHateMyJob2004

At about 950 cals today. Just ran 2.6 miles in about 25 minutes. Stamina is mostly there. Just some minor cramps half way into the run.

Having a late night snack but being cautious about what it is.

EDIT: 1412 cals after snacks. Nuts and cheese curls. Had a can of soda to. Mostly upset over the 26 grams of protein.

#4 IHateMyJob2004, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  5. stayfocused

stayfocused Member

Of course a few months is too long but make sure you get enough rest over all. Especially since you mention health issues. I perform so much better if I work hard and rest harder :p