Too many stickies...

Valhalla1

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
trying to read threads in off-topic gives me a headache, first I dont like having different icons for threads, it is much less smooth to the eye and its killing me. also there are way too many sticky threads on top of OT.

everyone knows to donate blood.. cnn tells us to every 3 minutes and 12 seconds. we dont need a sticky world trade thread, 90% of OT threads are on the subject. no one cares about the faces in the clouds, the thread is locked it doesnt need to be sticky at the top. and I'm sure all members are highly aware of the new icons since tons of people are using it now, I dont think 2 whole threads stickied at the top are necessary at this point.

heres an idea - let members choose which threads that they want to be sticky. and make it so they can un-sticky a mod's sticky for their account if I'm tired of it being in my way

Valhalla1

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
nah, too much work, leave it on OT but just clean up the top of the forum. I'm sure in low res you have to scroll a while just to get past the same messages over and over again at the top.

the point of a sticky is to make it at the top so more people are likely to see the thread.. well, once I've read it (usually an announcement from zuni or mod) then I want to be able to un-sticky it just for my login id

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
I agree... its too damn cluttered.

Val, you get your Vette yet ? ;)

Valhalla1

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
hah, f#ck that, I want something cheaper that I can thrash and drive like I stole it.. getting an LS1 Camaro SS

[was suppsed to be driving the one on my website, link in the sig.. but my friend who was going to sell it to me decided to keep it. :p]

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
haha :D

You could get a used riceburner and mod it out to hell for what your going to pay for a new Camaro SS :p

<< hah, f#ck that, I want something cheaper that I can thrash and drive like I stole it.. getting an LS1 Camaro SS >>

Valhalla1

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
not a new one, a used one.. I can get a 98 SS and be running in the 12's for under $15k

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
You could get a used riceburner and mod it out to hell for what your going to pay for a new Camaro SS

I could never picture Valhalla1 in a riceburner.

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Too true. Very easy to extract speed out of those.

<< not a new one, a used one.. I can get a 98 SS and be running in the 12's for under $15k >>

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Hehe I know, I was just pokin at him :p

<< You could get a used riceburner and mod it out to hell for what your going to pay for a new Camaro SS

I could never picture Valhalla1 in a riceburner.
>>

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
forget this crap, stick to the topic you thread crappers

Sure thing hippie :D

I'm sure most of the stickified threads will be movin' along by the end of this month, or maybe not depends on what Zuni, sys admin and the mods decide.