Tonight's Dr. Who & Battlestar Galactica Episodes [10-20-2006]...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Mermaidman
OK, don't get me wrong as I absolutely love BSG, but I find it hard to believe how lame Cylons are at ground combat. Are they running on 8086 CPUs? :confused:
*spoilers*

There weren't that many Centurons and the skin jobs don't fight in combat. They wouldn't want to get hurt. :roll: Plus they unleashed raptors right above the surface and the centurons got blown to pieces. The cylons were tricked and Galactica and Pegasus wasn't where they thought they were going to be so I'm sure the bulk of their forces were in the wrong spot.

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Shawn
OK, don't get me wrong as I absolutely love BSG, but I find it hard to believe how lame Cylons are at ground combat. Are they running on 8086 CPUs? :confused:
*spoilers*

There weren't that many Centurons and the skin jobs don't fight in combat. They wouldn't want to get hurt. :roll: Plus they unleashed raptors right above the surface and the centurons got blown to pieces. The cylons were tricked and Galactica and Pegasus wasn't where they thought they were going to be so I'm sure the bulk of their forces were in the wrong spot.
Good point about the skin jobs. I hadn't thought of that, but I stil think Cylon tactics and strategy suck. e.g.
-In the season premier, the Cylons got word of the secret rendezvous and it seemed like they sent only a few toasters. Why not an overwhelming force for such an important mission?
-In tonight's episode, why didn't the Cylon Raiders attack the guerillas and also shoot up some of the escaping ships?
-With most of humanity stuck on the planet, why aren't there more toasters and base stars present to prevent an escape?

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
OMFG BEST EPISODE EVER. I can't believe this! BSG is the only show worth watching in more than a lifetime.

*spoilers*

Good point about the skin jobs. I hadn't thought of that, but I stil think Cylon tactics and strategy suck. e.g.
-In the season premier, the Cylons got word of the secret rendezvous and it seemed like they sent only a few toasters. Why not an overwhelming force for such an important mission?
-In tonight's episode, why didn't the Cylon Raiders attack the guerillas and also shoot up some of the escaping ships?
-With most of humanity stuck on the planet, why aren't there more toasters and base stars present to prevent an escape?

resources stretched thin. Maybe the vast majority of cylons are somewhere else doing something else even more important :Q :Q :Q :Q :Q :Q

and poor tigh :(. holy crap, the whole episode was top notch drama, and even though it was cliche'd, HOW'D THEY DO IT and GET AWAY WITH IT?! We watch soo many movies/shows and a lot of people get tired of cliche'd story developments. BSG used it this episode, but they used it so effectively, that it was as if we were experiencing what these certain "cliche's" originated from (Lee saving his Dad, Tigh walking away from Adama being cheered upon, etc... how'd the writers get away with this!? lol? i donno! they're masters!!)

drnickriviera

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
Dr Who was pretty sad, but WTH Dr. get in the Tardis and go back and boink that girl.

Anyone know who she is? She reminds me of the blonde vampire in Underworld.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Jnetty99
Originally posted by: datalink7
BSG episode was awesome... however, I thought you had to wait 33 minutes in between using the FTL drive?

Wow that show was awesome.... I'm sure more than 33 minutes passed, it was not like the show 24 minute by minute.

Anyways I wont discuss details for the west coast people

Well, I was more refering to when they jumped into the upper atmosphere and then 30 seconds later jumped away.

But the nerd that is Mermaidman (;);P) explained that perhaps I was wrong about the 33 minutes.

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Originally posted by: drnickriviera
Dr Who was pretty sad, but WTH Dr. get in the Tardis and go back and boink that girl.

That's because she was the blond vampire in Underworld.

drnickriviera

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Jnetty99
BSG episode was awesome... however, I thought you had to wait 33 minutes in between using the FTL drive?

Wow that show was awesome.... I'm sure more than 33 minutes passed, it was not like the show 24 minute by minute.

Anyways I wont discuss details for the west coast people

Well, I was more refering to when they jumped into the upper atmosphere and then 30 seconds later jumped away.

But the nerd that is Mermaidman (;);P) explained that perhaps I was wrong about the 33 minutes.

I think you're right about the 33 min part. I'm thinking the FTL recharge time is based on distance. Else the "33" episode wouldn't make sense. If they knew the Cylons were coming in 33 mins, why not jump at 30 mins?

drnickriviera

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: drnickriviera

That's because she was the blond vampire in Underworld.

Thank You

Sophia Myles Geez she's young.

Mayfriday0529

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2003
Wow yeah now i can truly talk about it... such an amazing rescue...
That whole Galactica jumping into atmo and launching vipers and then jumping away was amazing. Them Pegasus comes to the rescue but gets destroyed that was sad.
Col. Tigh killing his wife wow that was harsh but nessesary. Cap. Kara "Starbuck" Thrace was soo tricked by the Cylons looks like she is going to have some issues.
I wonder what will happen with the ranking system now. Does Commander Lee Adama go back to being a Major?

So many questions...

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
I just watched it and that was an intense awesome episode. It is sort of crazy in a way because it's like you have no idea what direction the show is going to take next.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Don't forget, Torchwood is tonight too. In fact I'm fairly sure it already aired.

Toastedlightly

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2004
The reason it was 33 minutes is they had to plot coordinates of each jump (no networked computers, as they did in one episode). Here they could have already plotted the coordinates