Tonight's Battlestar Galactica Episode [02-25-2007]...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: yllus
Originally posted by: ViRGE
Originally posted by: kedlav
Was a decent episode, but there were a few points I couldn't buy or like.
-You knew the kid was going to get hurt. Choreographed from a mile away.
-Can't see Adama using Cally as leverage. I remember when he was a soft-touch leader with morals. Trying to be tougher with the way things are doesn't mean throwing your morals out the window.
-Everything works out. Ever been to real life? Nothing ever works out the way you want it to.
-The little feel-good Seelix bit. Totally stupid, completely unnecessary.
Throw in the fact that Tyrol even won. He's in jail, forced to give up, and yet he still wins? That doesn't make sense. They smacked the reset button with 5 minutes left.
I think it's just that Adama is a realist. He knew that Tyrol would have to lie to Callie about winning to begin with, because her dumb ass couldn't be counted upon to actually end the strike when he directed it to end. With the lie spoken aloud, he needed to allow Tyrol to keep his status as an unbeaten leader.

Keep in mind that there are two issues here: One, Adama cannot tolerate even one strike because it would trigger the same happening all over the fleet. Two, he needs to find a resolution on the refinery vessel. Key to resolving both of these is a credible Tyrol - to absolutely rule out the chance of future strikes, and to improve the conditions and act as a communications conduit for the worker class. So hammering home the fact that this can never happen again with Adama's threat yet allaying the original concerns of the workers is the best decision to make.

I thought the kid was going to die, not just get a little bit hurt. Totally predictable though. However, it was cool that they then showed the look of fear frozen on the faces of the newbies to the refinery... "You mean this could happen to us?"

Adama would have nuked the planet with the Eye of Jupiter on it with Lee still on the surface, so shooting Callie isn't much of a threat when the fleet is at stake. :p Yes Adama would have executed her, no question about that .
Seelix should never have been reinstated into flight training. Their top avionics expert is too valuable to risk flying missions; simple as that. too many eggs in one basket and other people need to be trained into other roles.

The fact that the original drafting program was flawed because people from the poorer colonies tend to naturally fit into the crappier jobs due to their upbringing was a good one and something I didn't anticipate, though I figured they should have had a random fleetwide lottery to begin with (within reason). Some nice work by the writers.

mrkun

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2005
I just finished watching the episode right now. The ending was way too abrupt.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Quick note: I just listened to the official podcast for this episode, and the executive producer (Ronald D. Moore) confirmed that Adama would have had Callie shot.

mrkun

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2005
Originally posted by: yllus
Quick note: I just listened to the official podcast for this episode, and the executive producer (Ronald D. Moore) confirmed that Adama would have had Callie shot.

Can you quote exactly what Moore said?