Tonight's 24 Episode 1-07-2003...[Spoiler's Inside, You have been warned!]

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
No one responded to my edits on pg1, so I'll repost some of it here:

First, whatever happened with that Arab guy in the van (he had the bomb?--his partners killed each other?)

I think Syed Ali is a pawn. He's being used by a faction of the CIA. We still don't know who 'Larry the Accountant' is (brief mention in Ep7 I believe?) but he's CIA too. Palmer's enemies are controlling this CIA faction. More and more I'm thinking Marie is in on it...someone at the house HAD to tip off Syed about CTU bustin' down on the joint for his goons to come pick up Kate.

Is there even a bomb? Yes, we know there was radioactive material but a CIA faction can dig that up and use it as a smokescreen. Is the real goal just to remove Palmer from power? In fact, Syed Ali's group might *think* they have a bomb when the CIA is just using them...oh there's so many possibilities! Suffice it to say that they find nothing but the dead PI and Kate at the house when CTU shows up.

Apr 5, 2000
Originally posted by: hackbot
the 'grinder' is a Ryobi . . . :D
had a cutter / grinder wheel attached - that blade can cut *ALL* Metals :disgust:

ps - as mentioned above - Jack knows how many clips he gave to Nina (rolling drums, next . . .)

?how 'bout "how dare that 'blonde' bimbo walks away from him? she's now *officially* a beotch :D

thought this action (this week) was good - wait till next week - bot

You sure he knows how many? Because I could have sworn he told Nina to get the ammo pack while he was fighting off the commandos

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
I can't even read these threads after seeing the episode anymore because there are always a bunch of f*cking assholes who have to talk about the previews for next week. I intentionally don't watch previews so I have no idea what to expect.

Well this is the last 24 thread for me.

resinboy

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2000
just got done converting the entire first season to .AVI, and having a weekend 24/ First Season marathon. Absolutely a superb show :)

Resinboy

PreDatoR

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
Originally posted by: hackbot
the 'grinder' is a Ryobi . . . :D
had a cutter / grinder wheel attached - that blade can cut *ALL* Metals :disgust:

ps - as mentioned above - Jack knows how many clips he gave to Nina (rolling drums, next . . .)

?how 'bout "how dare that 'blonde' bimbo walks away from him? she's now *officially* a beotch :D

thought this action (this week) was good - wait till next week - bot

The grinder is a DeWalt, Ryobi's are blue and that was a wire wheel on it. I have one at work i use. And it will tear flesh up faster than a cut off wheel or grinding disk will. Don't ask me how i know lol :D

hackbot

Jan 4, 2003
i stand corrected - my screen *phased* with blue DOH!!! [cable was connected wrong from windstorm]

it was (is) a DeWalt - PS one of the BEST ToolMaker's in the World BTW . . . i stand by them

Again though - di anyone else *HEAR* that 'squish' when the stick was coming out of Jack's leg . . .
NOW that was *Realism* lol lol lol

bot

The Wildcard

Platinum Member
Oct 31, 1999
hahah I luckily recorded this episode before watching it and when they got to the part of slicing that guy up with the power tool I immediately switched to the fast forward button, lol.

dezaaahhh, man that was freaky.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Awesome episode, hope Jack rigged the gun.

Pliablemoose, if you look on page 2 of this thread [Depends on how many pages your default is], it's brought up that the gun Nina is holding does indeed fire as she fires a few warning shots off of Jack's left side before he orders the stand-down order to the CTU rescue team.

hackbot

Jan 4, 2003
<RagingBITCH> Jack GOT his job because of his *HEAD / INTELLIGENCE* -
note: ability 2 B able to 'foresee' any situation . . . :D

and this show has been written with a certain instigation that has everybody
second guessing and the entire team of 24 has us beat - simply because they
are light years ahead of us all :D . . . so we can call out *What* will happen next
and the writer's can actually / and do actually 'change' the situation right in the
middle of the shoot - even surprising / quote :D (freaking) everyone on the set AND
Jack (Keifer) is one of the main individuals doing this . . . basically - it keeps this
show VERY interesting even for the 'actors' . . . nothing like *Knowing* your lines
and then you get a blue or red script and find it all changed (mostly in the *Subtle*)
this just keeps the show like life itself - You never know what will happen next . . . :D

EDIT: neither of the
rolleye.gif
*Blondes* have a say in all this - THANK GOD!!!

bot

jackpot

Jul 11, 2002
What's with the hateorade on Kim? If you watch the shows again and examine her role, she's in a very unenviable position. She's a regular girl, not tank girl, but she does make many brave and noble decisions during both seasons (so far). Just because her attitude doesn't match her looks (ie perfect), doesn't make her an idiot. She isn't her father, she's an 18 years old girl, and probably no girl that age could deal with the situations she's in like she does. You don't see Jack fly like superman, so why should you expect Kim to be like tank girl? It's not an action movie, and the quicker you realize that, the more respect you should have for Kim.

In other news, I thought that was the best epsiode of the season, and it only seems to be getting better!

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: jackpot
What's with the hateorade on Kim? If you watch the shows again and examine her role, she's in a very unenviable position. She's a regular girl, not tank girl, but she does make many brave and noble decisions during both seasons (so far). Just because her attitude doesn't match her looks (ie perfect), doesn't make her an idiot. She isn't her father, she's an 18 years old girl, and probably no girl that age could deal with the situations she's in like she does. You don't see Jack fly like superman, so why should you expect Kim to be like tank girl? It's not an action movie, and the quicker you realize that, the more respect you should have for Kim.

In other news, I thought that was the best epsiode of the season, and it only seems to be getting better!

I don't think we hate her cuz she's not agressive. She's just annoying.

(On a sidenote, awesome, two days after the episode, and we're still talking about it.)

KeyserSoze

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
KeyserSoze, and you said you'd see us next week ;) :)

Looking forward to next Tues. as I type to see how our theories pan out :D