Tonight, when I get home, I'm gonna do nothing but...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

milagro

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2001

<< ...play RTCW and drink Beam & Cokes all night. Yes, I have to get up in the morning....and I really don't care. Ever get into one of those "me me me me and me!" moods?

What will you be doing tonight when you get home?
>>

sounds like me but w/ milk and cookies replacing the beam & cokes---whats your name on rtcw and what server do you play on----I've been playing the forest map/trenchtoast maps quite a bit lately...mainly the forest 8 person server though..its pretty fun. There's usually a a lot of chatting going on which makes things interesting when you sneak up on a group of the enemy shootin the sh1t and nail'em all w/ a panzer

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001

<<

<< ...play RTCW and drink Beam & Cokes all night. Yes, I have to get up in the morning....and I really don't care. Ever get into one of those "me me me me and me!" moods?

What will you be doing tonight when you get home?
>>

sounds like me but w/ milk and cookies replacing the beam & cokes---whats your name on rtcw and what server do you play on----I've been playing the forest map/trenchtoast maps quite a bit lately...mainly the forest 8 person server though..its pretty fun. There's usually a a lot of chatting going on which makes things interesting when you sneak up on a group of the enemy shootin the sh1t and nail'em all w/ a panzer
>>

Hi Milagro,

Oh, I am newbie. I bought the game yesterday! Sorry! I'm only on the third board of the single player mode; haven't even clicked the MP icon yet. You'd frag me in a minute. :Q I'm pretty good at UT, but as I've found out, that means ZILCH in RCTW! Is there a "better server" to play on for MP? I may try it tonight....

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
I'm home right now, but in a bit I'm going to the music store to get my acoustic guitar worked on (it has no strap nor a place to attach one, so I'm going to have them put one on), and then later on I'm going to a dinner at the 4-H grounds. After that I'll probably stay up later than my parents want me to and do a lot of neffing. :)

milagro

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2001

<< Hi Milagro,

Oh, I am newbie. I bought the game yesterday! Sorry! I'm only on the third board of the single player mode; haven't even clicked the MP icon yet. You'd frag me in a minute. I'm pretty good at UT, but as I've found out, that means ZILCH in RCTW! Is there a "better server" to play on for MP? I may try it tonight....
>>

oh..i'm pretty much a newbie myself--its really the first fps I've played. I've never even touched the single player mode as multiplayer is so much fun and your gaming experience can always vary. Plus, Its easier for me to just pop in for a half hour or so and play a couple rounds rather than having to deal with a huge objective--I just came off of a month or so of Max Payne just to finish it and my wife isn't very happy:) ... As far as servers go, I'd say the main thing is to pay attention to your ping time so you and other players won't become frustrated....then again, its kinda funny to see come guy w/ a ping time in the 300's get stuck in a doorway only to have all their teamates shoot the crap out 'em...

when you do play mp..just check out all the maps and be sure to download the final versions of the new maps too...they tend to keep the game pretty fresh....:cool:

chasem

Banned
Dec 17, 2001
invite over gf
try to get some......
play counterstrike
cook dinner
i guess just the same bs i do everyday

ViperMagic

Platinum Member
Jul 7, 2001
Talk about sex with my best (girl)friend, and try to work up the courage to ask her out.....

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001

<< Talk about sex with my best (girl)friend, and try to work up the courage to ask her out..... >>

tonight is the night. as to quote a famous shoemaker "Just Do It!" ;)

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Let's see... First, btch at Epox about my motherboard RMA, finish off my homework, talk to my girlfriend, watch some TV, neff, and finally the best part of today (and the one i have been looking forward to since about 8 am): sleep :D

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001

<< invite over gf
try to get some......
play counterstrike
cook dinner
i guess just the same bs i do everyday
>>

Heheh, sounds strangely like most of my night's with my GF. It's familiar and safe, though. Wanna laugh? I setup my dual-computer-station setup in my bedroom for:

1. 75% for me, so I'd have a "server" and a spare PC, JIC.
2. 25% for her, so she can come over, play what she wants/surf, while I play on mine. She can't complain b/c she's with me, we're together and she knows where I am and what I'm doing. :)

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001

<<

<< Hi Milagro,

Oh, I am newbie. I bought the game yesterday! Sorry! I'm only on the third board of the single player mode; haven't even clicked the MP icon yet. You'd frag me in a minute. I'm pretty good at UT, but as I've found out, that means ZILCH in RCTW! Is there a "better server" to play on for MP? I may try it tonight....
>>

oh..i'm pretty much a newbie myself--its really the first fps I've played. I've never even touched the single player mode as multiplayer is so much fun and your gaming experience can always vary. Plus, Its easier for me to just pop in for a half hour or so and play a couple rounds rather than having to deal with a huge objective--I just came off of a month or so of Max Payne just to finish it and my wife isn't very happy:) ... As far as servers go, I'd say the main thing is to pay attention to your ping time so you and other players won't become frustrated....then again, its kinda funny to see come guy w/ a ping time in the 300's get stuck in a doorway only to have all their teamates shoot the crap out 'em...

when you do play mp..just check out all the maps and be sure to download the final versions of the new maps too...they tend to keep the game pretty fresh....:cool:
>>

Thanks for the tips. That's how I pick what UT server to play on....look at my ping. I may try it tonight.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
...pace the floor like a caged rat probably until late, not sleep, get stressed out, worry like crazy, etc.

Nothing unusual there.

Nik

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

<< work out and study. That's my plan!
...aren't you jealous?

--Sarah
>>

Yes, I am! I haven't gotten my ass over to the gym for 2 WEEKS now and my arms have probably lost an inch. :Q :)

Raspewtin

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
I'll probably stand at the edge of some crazy cliff with these thousands of little kids,and nobody's around - nobody big, I mean - except me. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff - I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I'll do all day.

nah forget that, I'll probably just read a book tonight.

Burnsy

Dec 30, 2001
i'm already home, and i've just finished a 5-hour session of UT

i'll play some more later

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001

<< I'll probably stand at the edge of some crazy cliff with these thousands of little kids,and nobody's around - nobody big, I mean - except me. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff - I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I'll do all day.
>>

LOL! That's hilarious. You are The Man. :cool:

Wyvrn,

I like your sig....sounds like me. :eek:

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
BTW,

I am Officially *CONFIRMED* Home. I have already:

1. Folded and put away 2 loads of laundry
2. Thrown away garbage
3. Put in one load of laundry (going into the dryer in about 12 minutes)
4. Made one drink

I will now commence to play Single Player RTCW. Check back a little later. Let the games begin! Woo-hoo!

note:
It's a sad little life I lead, huh? ;)

EliteApe

Feb 1, 2002
Chill out, Sleep, play Counter strike... See what happens ...

Then go and watch some T.V and then get up for college in the morning.