• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Review Tom's Hardware - HP desktop at $3109 "review"

UsandThem

Elite Member
Super Moderator
May 4, 2000
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/hp-omen-30l-2020
From one of the base configurations that HP says starts at $2,759, it’s a $100 upgrade to the 10900K, and a $250 upgrade to the RTX 3080 in our rig, which gets us to $3,109.
I hate ads disguised as reviews, and I couldn't believe the "author" could keep a straight face as he clicked "post".

A i9-10900k and a reference RTX 3080 should never be priced this high. I'm guessing they're hoping some real dum dums who desperately want a new RTX card click the referral links to buy this at that price. :oops:

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
And I just clicked the link you gave us. I guess their "ads disguised as review" scheme works well.

UsandThem

Elite Member
Super Moderator
May 4, 2000
And I just clicked the link you gave us. I guess their "ads disguised as review" scheme works well.
But you were smart enough not to click the purchase referral link and put in your credit card / Paypal info. They wouldn't post them if there wasn't people out their who would have purchased it without thinking twice.

If someone else posted it, I'd be curious enough to click the link to look at what an overpriced $3k HP desktop looked like as well. At that price, maybe a gaming PC in the late 1980s. :p

ASK THE COMMUNITY