Tommy 'hammer' Delay still thumbing his nose at us

Feb 16, 2005
I don't even know where to being, the jackass is being tried on money laundering charges, and what does he do?
"I know, f* the constituents, I'm gonna get my money for my re-election from the lobbyists. Everyone loves and trusts them and me"
I hope he goes down hard.
Moran alert

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Rep. Tom DeLay, whose association with lobbyist Jack Abramoff has left him politically vulnerable, is spending Texas' primary night Tuesday at a fundraiser hosted by two Washington lobbyists

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
That piece of trash is NOT in my distric, so there's no way I can vote against him - by voting for one of his opponents.

I am seriously considering not voting today in the GOP Primary, because I would rather use my authorization
to endorse an Independant to run against any GOP candidate in the state.
'IF' I vote in the GOP Primary is will not allow me to add my name to a list to back either Strayhorn (Scotty's Mom)
ot Kinky Friedman as Independants.

<From the Fort Worth Paper>
Anyone who votes in the primary cannot sign a petition to put independent gubernatorial candidates
Kinky Friedman or Carole Keeton Strayhorn on the November ballot.

Feb 16, 2005
I heard about that on the radio this morning. Who the fark thought that crap up? Oh wait, it's all becoming red.. er clear to me now..

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Lobbyists are like crack and our politicians are like crack-addicts face down in a pool of their own vomit. McCain needs to start an intervention.

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Lobbyists are like crack and our politicians are like crack-addicts face down in a pool of their own vomit. McCain needs to start an intervention.

Just FYI... McCain is no different than any other run of the mill politician in that regard. I wouldn't put him too high up on that pedestal. He's better than Delay and his ilk... but that's not a hard target to shoot for.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
HAHAHAHA.
McCain? Try searching the web on McCains campaign donors and his ties to lobbyists.
Guess what? He's in it deep just like all the rest.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
As long as financing a political campaign is so expensive and small contruitions from average Americans isn't significant, we can expect more of the same--just because its become so open
that it amounts to a national scandal does not mean that it better thrives in the light.

With some luck, Delay will pay the forfeit of notority in 06 at the ballot box---but someone will always occupy his government for sale concession. With national political leadership going to those who raise the most funds--Delay has been replaced by the equally corrupt Boehner-------who has a better haircut and a smaller mouth.

Money is the mothers milk of politics.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Thanks for the link conjur,

Just clicked it at 9:30 my time and it showed Delay getting about 60%---but the tally is almost ten hours out of date.
But I am hoping T. Delay will fail to get 51% and hence be faced with a run off.

Maybe thats why is he is at the Washington fundraiser---gonna have to spend a pile of money just to survive the primary. Maybe Tom better lobby the EPA to get his name placed on the endangered species list.

CheesePoofs

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2004
This is why I'm staying in Vermont for as long as possible. I think I can honestly say my congressmen are trying to improve life for the average american.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: techs
HAHAHAHA.
McCain? Try searching the web on McCains campaign donors and his ties to lobbyists.
Well, he could at least give us a token lobbyist reform bill. :D

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: conjur
Looks like Texans love them some corruption!

http://enr.sos.state.tx.us/rep1race5.htm?x=0&y=248&id=647

BTW, there have apparently been some issues with the e-voting machines in Cuellar's home district along the border. Rodriguez has had his lawyers have the ballots impounded. Buh-bye, Cuellar!

Well Texas loves the saying that they do everything big there so it is no surprise they like to be lovers of biggest corruption going.

RideFree

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2001
You know, you people ought to have a lot more respect for the Senator from Boeing and the Congressman from General Electric.
As Jack Abramoff was fond of saying, "Those politicians don't come cheap."
With 2008 looming so close, Senator Hillary from Holywood{sic} is one of the more expensive politicians.
As Cheeny is fond of saying, Talk's cheap, but it takes money to buy whiskey."
And, Bill is looking for twenty-five new interns to "work" in his library.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
after all that's happened to delay in the last couple of years, i'd really like to hear from a few of those folks that voted for him as to to why they think he needs to be re-elected.

imho, without hearing from any of them, i think they're doing it out of pure spite.

as it stands, even if it's a primary, it's simply amazing to look at those polling numbers from the outside-in.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Originally posted by: conjur
Looks like Texans love them some corruption!

http://enr.sos.state.tx.us/rep1race5.htm?x=0&y=248&id=647

BTW, there have apparently been some issues with the e-voting machines in Cuellar's home district along the border. Rodriguez has had his lawyers have the ballots impounded. Buh-bye, Cuellar!

Turns out that the state wide voting only had about a 7% turnout.
DeLay did get his polarized, rabid base out to support him, but really - nobody else cared

The real test will be when he has to face a real electorate in the national election when maybe more
than 7% of the district population shows up to vote.
when 93% of the voters in a district don't bother to show up - that a statement.
But . . . of that non participating 93%, they better act collectively when the opportunity is right,
or they will seal their own fate through appathy - and deserve to have the minority
tell them how to live, jump, how high . . and what color.
Diebold Lives ! :p

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Curses--foiled again as DeLay survives the primary without the extra expense of a run off.

But six months is an eternity in politics and the general election is eight month away. The question is still why
Ronnie Earle has not moved his case from indictment to trial. With possible Abramoff complications adding to DeLay's viability woes------if and when the partisan Justice department moves.

But one more piece of good news----one of DeLay' Republican challengers vows to get on the ballot to further split the Republican vote.----------------there is hope yet to get rid of Delay-----who is best described as a wart on the body politic.

I also predict in the event of a 06 re-election loss, Delay will be unlikely to retire in disgrace back to sugar land-------it more likely he will set himself up on K street and continue in teh corruption business.

Until some kindly prosecutor makes an offer he can't refuse------- a change of address and a rent free
retirement.------a fitting end to a doubting and smiling Thomas.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Sheik Yerbouti

I can't believe the piece of crap actually won. What the hell is wrong with people.

Never misunderestimate the stupidity of Republican Voters, especially in Texas.

EatSpam

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
Originally posted by: techs
HAHAHAHA.

Plus, he's a huge open borders advocate. Don't like having a southern border and a soveriegn nation? Suppot McCain.

EatSpam

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
Originally posted by: Sheik Yerbouti
I can't believe the piece of crap actually won. What the hell is wrong with people.

I was asking myself the same question. He probably showed an ad that stated he was endorsed by Jesus or something. Texans are shills for anything Jesusy.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Now, you know why the Republicans continue to underfund education. They want to keep the voting public stupid, and it's working. :(

Crackle19

Feb 8, 2006
It would be interesting to see the amount of Democrats who voted for Delay in the primary. Texas has an "open primary" system, thus this election allowed the Democrats to vote for Delay in the Republican Primary. Why on earth would Democrats vote for Delay?

So that the Democrat Nick Lampson can crush him in the general election.