Tomb Raider (2013)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
The entire franchise is one miserable failure after another. Surprise, surprise.

OK, we get it; you mad about Tomb Raider. Stop crapping on the thread; it's been getting great reviews and I'm sure most of us are looking forward to it.

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
OK, we get it; you mad about Tomb Raider. Stop crapping on the thread; it's been getting great reviews and I'm sure most of us are looking forward to it.

If you don't like my posts then skip over them or add me to your ignore list. This is a forum where ideas are shared through the community. Deal with it.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
It's coming out march 5th right ? Damn I should have picked it up at gmg for 36 bucks. I'll have to go looking for a deal.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
It's coming out march 5th right ? Damn I should have picked it up at gmg for 36 bucks. I'll have to go looking for a deal.

Look around on ebay for Bioshock Infinite + Tomb Raider combo deals.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=bioshock+infinite+tomb+raider&_sop=1

Currently, some of the "Buy It Now" listings are as low as $55. That's ~$27 each. Pretty good deal on two games that aren't even out yet. :)

If you're persistent, you can find one as low as $50. That's what I did.

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
I'll check steam then but bioshock infinite looks great though.

If you want both definitely check ebay in the mornings. Its not uncommon to see the bundle for $45-$50, its just at that price range it doesnt last long.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
After reading one or two reviews, I pre-ordered the game on Steam. Hopefully it won't disappoint. Also hoping for Xbox 360 controls as I like to play on my TV.

The PC version will definitely have 360 pad support.

The best part of that whole video is the impalement 6 minutes in. The audience's reaction is great. :D

And to top it off, they see it three more times.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
The best part of that whole video is the impalement 6 minutes in. The audience's reaction is great. :D

And to top it off, they see it three more times.

iU60u4mlSwv6Y.gif

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Yeah I saw a gameplay video of both games on YouTube. They look and play great. I was amazed by the visuals in tomb raider. I think that and you guys have convinced me to get both even if I didn't enjoy bioshock that much. I kinda wish we could play them now. Is there a demo of tomb raider somewhere.

I have been getting too much into my flight Sims though and that takes up a lot more time playing and learning so I figure by the time I get to these 2 the price may drop.

Keeper

Mar 9, 2005
Anyone see ANY good Pre order perks?
So far they all SUCK in my opinion.

I will go Steam today for 45 bucks unless someone discovers something HOT.

Man, preorders are getting worse and worse...
As are Midnight releases. Last one I did was BL2 at game stop.
They had decent pre order stuff perk.
But no nuttin at the midnight release.
No Red Bull... No 20 cent BL2 key chain...
No 10 cent BL2 squishy stress reliever...
I talked to the manager and he said he totally blew it but didnt think the crowd would be so big. And said "Swag" for midnight releases are not a priority to him.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I will go Steam today for 45 bucks unless someone discovers something HOT.

Like paying $5-10 more and getting another AAA title? :p

Man, preorders are getting worse and worse...
As are Midnight releases. Last one I did was BL2 at game stop.
They had decent pre order stuff perk.
But no nuttin at the midnight release.
No Red Bull... No 20 cent BL2 key chain...
No 10 cent BL2 squishy stress reliever...
I talked to the manager and he said he totally blew it but didnt think the crowd would be so big. And said "Swag" for midnight releases are not a priority to him.

Wait a minute... when did midnight releases become anything more than standing in the frigid cold to get a game right when the bell tolls twelve? :eek:

Keeper

Mar 9, 2005

Wait a minute... when did midnight releases become anything more than standing in the frigid cold to get a game right when the bell tolls twelve? :eek:

Rememeber... I am OLD. Comp USA used to have the BEST Midnight releases.. Soda Coffee. Free "Little Stuff"..
Electronics Boutique had the BEST pre order stuff....
T Shirts, Key chains...
Heck, one Windows release (MIGHT have been 95 or 98, like I said... OLD LOL) ... it was like a party at Comp USA. My 11 year old son at the time got SOOO much crap. Mouse pads... a free box of 3.5 inch floppies..... I used his CUTENESS to bulk up on the swag.

PS the WHOLE BIO shock thing.... Never grabbed me... YES. that is the better deal. But, I am torn.
PPS. Am I just stupid paranoid about buying codes on Ebay? That seems RISKY at best. No? (LOL there is that OLD thig kicking in again)

Last edited:

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000

The only downside to the bundle is you dont get the Tomb of the Last Adventurer DLC, but I eventually said screw it and bought the bundle. I can get the DLC down the road when I really feel the urge the play more Tomb Raider.

The one and only time I went to a midnight release was for GTA4, which is kinda funny considering I took that week off and could have went in the morning. It was kinda funny seeing some closet gamers that I work with show up. :biggrin:

PS the WHOLE BIO shock thing.... Never grabbed me... YES. that is the better deal. But, I am torn.

I hear ya...I didnt really want it but I figure I will give it to someone as a present.

Last edited:

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Others on ebay are like I'll send you the scratched off ticket through the mail. Yeah ok how do I know you wont use the codes. Some refuse to email it to you.