Tom Cruise Sues over Unauthorized Use of Image on Butt Plug

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
Originally posted by: NogginBoink
Supafly, did you figure that out all on your own? :)

Nice satire. I like it!

I read it on Fark last week.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
"Mr. Cruise is also demanding "the immediate and complete withdrawal" of the Mission Insertable butt plug"

Things are fun when taken blatantly out of context.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: Jeff7
Originally posted by: FoBoT
:camera:'s?

Yes, let me just pull them out....
"them" as in more than one? :Q

It's was in the proper grammatical form. He asked for pics thus implying more than one. That would require a reply in plural form, thus my use of the word "them."

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: FoBoT
:camera:'s?

Yes, let me just pull them out....
"them" as in more than one? :Q

It's was in the proper grammatical form. He asked for pics thus implying more than one. That would require a reply in plural form, thus my use of the word "them."
what's that sound?

something just flew over your head. ;)

Maxspeed996

Dec 9, 2005
George Washington had a butt plug? WTF!
I guess political figures with weird fetishes isn't anything new....LOL!

Dec 10, 2005
All this reminds me of that scene from Fight Club where the narrator is speaking with the security guard about vibrating luggage:

Narrator: Was it ticking?
Airport Security Officer: Actually throwers don't worry about ticking 'cause modern bombs don't tick.
Narrator: Sorry, throwers?
Airport Security Officer: Baggage handlers. But, when a suitcase vibrates, then the throwers gotta call the police.
Narrator: My suitcase was vibrating?
Airport Security Officer: Nine times out of ten it's an electric razor, but every once in a while...
[whispering]
Airport Security Officer: it's a dildo. Of course it's company policy never to, imply ownership in the event of a dildo... always use the indefinite article a dildo, never your dildo.
Narrator: I don't own...

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Tom Cruise Sues over Unauthorized Use of Image on Butt Plug
By Phil Maggitti
Oct 7, 2006, 08:52

HOLLYWOOD - Tom Cruise has filed a $50-million lawsuit against Holesome Fun Incorporated, the world's largest manufacturer of sex toys, over the company's alleged unauthorized use of his image on its new Mission Insertable butt plug.

Mr. Cruise is also demanding "the immediate and complete withdrawal" of the Mission Insertable butt plug from Holesome Fun's Dark Side of the Moon catalog and from any and all persons "currently harboring" this device.

"My client is tired of being the butt of jokes about his sexuality," said Mr. Cruise' attorney Marvin Keister. "The Mission Insertable butt plug is offensive not only on its face but also in its subversion of an orifice that Scientologists believe is next to godliness.

"L. Ron Hubbard taught Scientologists to respect their large?and their small?colons as the pathway to better physical and mental health; and although Mr. Cruise endorses regular high colonic cleansing and Vitamin K enemas, he is offended by the notion of butt plugs in general and of those with his face on them in particular."

Trey Guccione, CEO of Holesome Fun, responded angrily to Mr. Cruise' lawsuit.

"Like I'm sure Tom's never been shitfaced before," said Mr. Guccione. "He can take his lawsuit, hold it sideways, and stick it where the sun don't shine."

The device at the bottom of this controversy is a 3-inch silicone statuette designed to be inserted into the anus and rectum for sexual pleasure. A butt plug can be inserted during sex or it can be worn while its user is gardening, shopping, or attending the theater.

Butt plugs, which can be worn by men or women, gay or straight, were invented in Greece about 350 BCE. Since then butt plugs have been worn by historical figures (Alexander the Great, Hannibal, and Julius Caesar), musicians (Tchaikovsky, Boy George, and Mick Jagger), and opinion shapers (Gertrude Stein, Barney Frank, and Matt Drudge).

George Washington is rumored to have been wearing a wooden butt plug when he crossed the Delaware to attack the Hessians at Trenton. That, according to some Washington scholars, explains why he was standing up in the boat during the crossing.

In related news, 17 percent of the respondents to a recent Postcards from the Pug Bus poll believe Tom Cruise was fired by Paramount because of his penchant for wearing butt plugs.

The first bolded sentence made me question the story's veracity, the second told me without a doubt that it was satire. I then looked at the banner and learned of a semi-funny entertainment satire site named pugbus.

It was quite funny until this realization. Still pretty funny afterwards, though.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001

what's that sound?

something just flew over your head. ;)

Possibly. Or perhaps you've been zinged back. Not exactly a great one, but perhaps a zing nonetheless.