Tom Brokaw - end of an era - Dec. 1.

SViscusi

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2000
Ugh Brian Williams is such a tool. They should have gone with Lester Holt; at least he has some semblance of a personality.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Brian Williams has the personality of a corpse. Jennings will kick his ass.

Its too bad, all the great newsmen seem to be from the previous generation. I don't like anybody from the up and coming generation. Most of them just seem like corporate stooges then journalists. Stone Phillips is a $@&.

:(

Zephyr106

Banned
Jul 2, 2003
Exactly. The nation has moved right and hence objectivity must move right as well. Bill O'Reilly should go back to ABC and replace Jennings. And since we are living in such dangerous times, someone with a firm grip on international relations and warfare, and no "journalistic experience" to impurify them should be a news anchor. I recall that Richard Pearl is out of a job, he should replace Tom Brokow. That leaves that arch-liberal Dan Rather to be replaced. I think either Matt Drudge or Christopher Ruddy should replace him.

Zephyr

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Originally posted by: Zephyr106
Exactly. The nation has moved right and hence objectivity must move right as well. Bill O'Reilly should go back to ABC and replace Jennings. And since we are living in such dangerous times, someone with a firm grip on international relations and warfare, and no "journalistic experience" to impurify them should be a news anchor. I recall that Richard Pearl is out of a job, he should replace Tom Brokow. That leaves that arch-liberal Dan Rather to be replaced. I think either Matt Drudge or Christopher Ruddy should replace him.

Zephyr

You do not understand what objectivity means. Objectivity stays the same regardless if the country moves to the right or left. And the nation has not moved to the right. On most issues, the majority of Americans agree with the Democratic position. E.g., did you know only 7% of Americans believe there should be less environmental regulations (Bush's position)? Most Americans did not vote for George Bush in the last election.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Infohawk
Originally posted by: Zephyr106

Zephyr

You do not understand what objectivity means. Objectivity stays the same regardless if the country moves to the right or left. And the nation has not moved to the right. On most issues, the majority of Americans agree with the Democratic position. E.g., did you know only 7% of Americans believe there should be less environmental regulations (Bush's position)? Most Americans did not vote for George Bush in the last election.

Check your sarcasm meter. It appears to be broken.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
none of the Talking head such as Hannity or Oreily would ever take a lead newsman Job because it doesnt give them the oppertunity to yell at, insult, or Belittle people

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: smashp
none of the Talking head such as Hannity or Oreily would ever take a lead newsman Job because it doesnt give them the oppertunity to yell at, insult, or Belittle people
I hope that when someone finally pops the Fat Headed Hannity in the mouth during one of his tirades/personal attacks that it is caught on film and that I get to see it.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
I hope that when someone finally pops the Fat Headed Hannity in the mouth during one of his tirades/personal attacks that it is caught on film and that I get to see it.

Sean's Personal Hell is a place Where in a Debate, His opposition actually Gets to respond and he is unable to Yell them down.

They Should Put Carville on the opposite end of Hannity. One of them Would be Dead after a week.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Sean's Personal Hell is a place Where in a Debate, His opposition actually Gets to respond and he is unable to Yell them down.

They Should Put Carville on the opposite end of Hannity. One of them Would be Dead after a week.
No doubt being paired with that Liberal Pushover Colmes suits Hannity's style to a tee!

Last week they had a Viet Nam Vet on who was discussing getting wounded by Shrapnel in war and Hannity started shouting him down because he wouldn't make a comment regarding Terry MCaluffe's(sp) criticism of Bush's National Guard service. If they would have been in the same room I'm sure that Vet would have given Hannity a severe beatdown.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003

No doubt being paired with that Liberal Pushover Colmes suits Hannity's style to a tee!

Last week they had a Viet Nam Vet on who was discussing getting wounded by Shrapnel in war and Hannity started shouting him down because he wouldn't make a comment regarding Terry MCaluffe's(sp) criticism of Bush's National Guard service. If they would have been in the same room I'm sure that Vet would have given Hannity a severe beatdown.

The Sad Part is Colmes is a self described MODERATE. One of the conditions of when Sean Got the show On Fox was Him being able to Pick His Other Half.