Tom Brady's popularity a result of white supremacy - Liberal College Professor

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I had some issues with Obama but generally thought he wasn't as bad of a president as conservatives make him out to be (kinda like Trump today with the liberals, only the liberals have it set to 11 where the conservatives were set to a 5). Why would this be different for him vs. Trump?

When Biden threatened to withhold money from the Ukraine until he got a prosecutor fired, no one seemed to care.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooord salad.
Figures you are a weak ass vegitarian. Not real beef eating men like the rest of us. A little wuss.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
The story here is real.

You're lying or ignorant. Which one is it?
That some professor has an opinion is real.

That this professor speaks for anyone else is fake.

Where you are lying or ignorant is that you can't tell the difference between those.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
The right is super threatened by someone having an opinion they don't approve of.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
No. The story here is nonsense conflating Tom Brady and white supremacy spouted by an associate prof of kinesiology. Repetition by those sites doesn't make it real, it just makes it repeated nonsense.
Heh, it's always fun to see Slow forcing his opinion of other people's opinions on them. If he only knew what an authoritarian useful idiot it makes him look like to argue with people that they must have some opinion on something (that they have never before expressed or endorsed) just because Fox news told him so. And if only he wasn't part of a greater legion of similarly brainwashed useful idiots.

Nov 25, 2013

More evidence that racism is today's version of the Red Scare. Leftists think racism is everywhere, to the point they invent it and manufacture it. This is pure indoctrination. I get that racism is a bad thing for society and am very happy we've gotten away from it, but we've over corrected today. This guy should not be teaching impressionable minds, people like him are good at nothing but churning out drone NPC do-nothings.

Youbetcha

iim_open.gif

Nov 25, 2013
It is making the rounds of more balanced news sites than you probably frequent. I saw it on Fox's front page.

You guys act as if I had to dig for someone like this, there are probably many, MANY like him at liberal colleges, especially on the coasts. I read something that said statistically one was more likely to be taught by a communist than a Republican in Ivy league schools. Higher learning has been hijacked and politicized.

Have you found your clutching pearls yet?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
In the spirit of this thread and the world liberals have created... I've been listening to 80's music today, it was a good choice. Listened to "Walk Like an Egyptian" from The Bangles, thought how that would trigger too many lefties today if it was released today. LOL. Sad, sad word they've created.

Feb 4, 2009
In the spirit of this thread and the world liberals have created... I've been listening to 80's music today, it was a good choice. Listened to "Walk Like an Egyptian" from The Bangles, thought how that would trigger too many lefties today if it was released today. LOL. Sad, sad word they've created.

Look Squirrel!

Nov 25, 2013
I've never once been "destroyed" here. If anything I post something and a handful of the same flies buzz around my face, time and again. I don't have a schtick, I post legit P&N articles that I think are thought provoking or are worth discussing as they come up. This story just came around, and shows how far gone the left is today. Some of the evangelicals react like evangelicals do when their religion is attacked. Same thing over and over.

You're nothing more than a propaganda monkey. Just keep throwing that shit and hoping some of it sticks.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

You mean, a sad world that you have created for them. Susanna Hoffs is a liberal.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I don't hate Tom Brady, but I don't root for him. I usually root against him. But I DO admire him. He's made the most of himself, hard to deny, he's the most successful quarterback of modern times, there's no denying that, maybe all time. And drafted, when? In the last round, IIRC. He had a special relationship with his high school coach, IIRC, the guy helped Tom with his mechanics for many years during Tom's pro career. Tom's a terrific competitor, pure and simple.

The worst thing I can think of about Tom, and apparently Belichick too, is some connection with Trump. For that I CANNOT forgive him. It makes me think he's narrow and stupid regardless of his success as an athlete. I don't have a sense of him being racist... that would do nothing for him as an NFL quarterback, obviously.

Feb 4, 2009
I don't hate Tom Brady, but I don't root for him. I usually root against him. But I DO admire him. He's made the most of himself, hard to deny, he's the most successful quarterback of modern times, there's no denying that, maybe all time. And drafted, when? In the last round, IIRC. He had a special relationship with his high school coach, IIRC, the guy helped Tom with his mechanics for many years during Tom's pro career. Tom's a terrific competitor, pure and simple.

The worst thing I can think of about Tom, and apparently Belichick too, is some connection with Trump. For that I CANNOT forgive him. It makes me think he's narrow and stupid regardless of his success as an athlete. I don't have a sense of him being racist... that would do nothing for him as an NFL quarterback, obviously.

Yeah Tom started off as a back up guy. For a brief period the Patriots had two top tier QBs without realizing it.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010

You poor bastard if you actually believe this. Must suck to be so triggered and angry at a straw man all the time :( Get better soon!

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Yeah Tom started off as a back up guy. For a brief period the Patriots had two top tier QBs without realizing it.
Bill Belichick is an incredibly canny guy and I can't imagine him being petty. He likely had some idea of what Tom was capable of. I heard a story -- Tom told Robert Kraft just after he was drafted that it was the greatest decision his franchise had ever made, something to that effect. Talk about backing it up!

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
You're nothing more than a propaganda monkey. Just keep throwing that shit and hoping some of it sticks.
I read a local article recently about how a 911 operator refused to dispatch police officers to an assault in progress because (and I kid you not) the caller wasn't the victim. I scroll down to the comments (most of which were sane, peacefully and rationally calling for govt accountability) and, of course, there is Slow's counterpart ranting about how 'the police should never show up for calls because the liberals in this city hate the police' and other ridiculous holy-fuck-that's-stupid shit like that.
The problem is that these useful idiots have brainwashed into trying to silence any speech that questions authority and govt, or seeks to hold that accountable) by drowning that speech out with emotional lies.

Feb 4, 2009
Bill Belichick is an incredibly canny guy and I can't imagine him being petty. He likely had some idea of what Tom was capable of. I heard a story, I think that Tom told Robert Kraft just after he was drafted that it was the greatest decision his franchise had ever made, something to that effect. Talk about backing it up!

Warning not a huge football guy. I’m a fair weather fan.
Brady stepped in when the previous super good guy and super good QB got hurt. There was momentary concern if the young guy was up to the task. Brady killed it I think he was in for 2 quarters.
Previous QB who I forgot the name of was super classy about being replaced by Brady. Took out a one page tank you New England ad in the major papers to thank everyone.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Warning not a huge football guy. I’m a fair weather fan.
Brady stepped in when the previous super good guy and super good QB got hurt. There was momentary concern if the young guy was up to the task. Brady killed it I think he was in for 2 quarters.
Previous QB who I forgot the name of was super classy about being replaced by Brady. Took out a one page tank you New England ad in the major papers to thank everyone.
Drew Bledsoe

Luna1968

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2019
it only took 1 reply to turn this into a i hate trump circle jerk. i thought thread crapping was against the rules.

Reactions: HurleyBird