Discussion Tom Brady should quit

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
It is amusing that the failing Brady is 4-2 at the moment. And it would have been 5-1 had they not lost by a point against the Bears. And that IS the failing Tom Brady you are all talking sh!t about. What if he gets better a month from now?

Still baffled by that Bears loss but they do now have Nick Foles so maybe it's a Curse?

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
Just saw this thread, and I knew Brady's team was much better this year with him (4-2 currently) at QB, but wondered if he had slipped.

Dude has a 64% completion rate, .2% higher than his career %, 6.9 yards per completion, which is only .6 lower than his career avg. 12 TD's vs 2 INT's the last 5 games.
QB rating is currently 97.8 for the season. His career rating is 97.0.

All this while playing for freaking Tampa Bay.

Why should he retire again?
Tampa is now 4-2.

At this point last year, they were 2-4. Started the season 3-10 and only won 7 games.
He's right on his career numbers, and is on his first new team and a new offensive system.

• Love
Reactions: Muse

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Just saw this thread, and I knew Brady's team was much better this year with him (4-2 currently) at QB, but wondered if he had slipped.

Dude has a 64% completion rate, .2% higher than his career %, 6.9 yards per completion, which is only .6 lower than his career avg. 12 TD's vs 2 INT's the last 5 games.
QB rating is currently 97.8 for the season. His career rating is 97.0.

All this while playing for freaking Tampa Bay.

Why should he retire again?
Tampa is now 4-2.

At this point last year, they were 2-4. Started the season 3-10 and only won 7 games.
He's right on his career numbers, and is on his first new team and a new offensive system.

All the QB numbers are inflated this year due to no crowd noise and very little ability to practice for the defenses.

Reactions: Captante
Nov 8, 2012
Everyone should quit when they have hit their prime...

But do they ever? Michael Jordan had his shit with baseball + joining the Wizards.
Manning went from Colts and jumped around a bit as well..

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
Everyone should quit when they have hit their prime...

But do they ever? Michael Jordan had his shit with baseball + joining the Wizards.
Manning went from Colts and jumped around a bit as well..
Why should they quit? Especially the greats? Jordan was still a top 10 player in scoring when he was with the Wizards. Bad knee got him, though.

But the greats are so much better that they can play at a pretty good level when they start to decline. No reason they shouldn't.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
As a Saints fan he is looking pretty good to me and am worried about the Bucs

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
He is just embarrassing himself...and Tampa Bay looks terrible.
Huh? Didn't he demolish Green Bay? I tuned out after the outcome looked inevitable...

Edit: Yeah, TB 30, GB 10. What's your problem with Tom? He dropped it into Gronkowsky's hands deftly several times. Just killed GB.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Huh? Didn't he demolish Green Bay? I tuned out after the outcome looked inevitable...

Edit: Yeah, TB 30, GB 10. What's your problem with Tom? He dropped it into Gronkowsky's hands deftly several times. Just killed GB.

Sarcasm...

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
what say you now?

I hate Golden-boy as much as anyone but credit where it's due ... Brady has certainly shown HE was the more important half of the Brady-Belichick combo in terms of winning. (Belichick has never won a thing as a head-coach sans Tom)

Beating KC or Buffalo is a mighty tall order for any team this year but I now give Tampa an outside shot with their size on D ... GB OTOH I can't see having a prayer since they would need to try to out-score either AFC opponent.

The only way I see GB having a chance in the Superbowl would be Rogers having the game of his life.

Last edited:

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
what say you now?

DJI7_v3UMAAmRWG.jpg

Reactions: KMFJD

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Stars are aligning for Tommy again. Mahomes injured. Josh Allen inexperienced. Packers should be easy to truck.

Fuck him. He's got plenty of luck to go along with his "greatness". DEE FORD, YE SHAN"T BE FORGOTTEN.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Stars are aligning for Tommy again. Mahomes injured. Josh Allen inexperienced. Packers should be easy to truck.

Fuck him. He's got plenty of luck to go along with his "greatness". DEE FORD, YE SHAN"T BE FORGOTTEN.

GB could easily win next week if Rogers can stay on his feet long enough to get rid of the ball ... Tampa winning would still be an upset.

Brady may be used to playing in cold weather but the rest of the team is still from Tampa. Despite the heat-pipes in the field which keep it from REALLY being the rock like "frozen-tundra" of old, GB is still pretty freaking cold in winter and the Packers are used to it.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Muse and KMFJD

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
GB could easily win next week if Rogers can stay on his feet long enough to get rid if the ball ... Tampa winning would still be an upset.

Brady may be used to playing in cold weather but the rest of the team is still from Tampa. Despite the heat-pipes in the field which keep it from REALLY being the rock like "frozen-tundra" of old, GB is still pretty freaking cold in winter and the Packers are used to it.
The ground-and-pound is starting to wake up for Tampa and the GB team usually falls asleep for a quarter, and a quarter is all Tommy and Gina--I mean Tony-----I mean Antonio Brown to light up Green Bay and finish the steal.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
The ground-and-pound is starting to wake up for Tampa and the GB team usually falls asleep for a quarter, and a quarter is all Tommy and Gina--I mean Tony-----I mean Antonio Brown to light up Green Bay and finish the steal.

I do give Tampa a MUCH better chance of giving KC/Buffalo a run for their money due to size especially on defense. GB would be over-matched by either on both lines.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Tom Brady is 14-2 in the divisional round.

FOURTEEN AND FUCKING 2 IN THE DIVISIONAL ROUND.

That stat is fucking unreal.

The fucking Redskins last 2nd round APPEARANCE was in 2005 and of course they lost.

Reactions: Captante