Toilet troubleshooting

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
(should this go in "general hardware" ? :p)

Before I go out and buy new parts just wondering if anyone can help.

When I flush the toilet the tank refill process stops too fast, but because it's not full, the water still comes through but at a slower pace, pretty much for like an hour.

It's not a floater, but a Fill Pro sensor device. Guessing it senses the water pressure in the tank then knows when to stop - but it's partially stopping too quick. There's a screw you turn to adjust it but it did not help.

I'm thinking the sensor is fubar, or is there something I can do to fix this?

If not I'll probably go to the hardware store and buy a new fill sensor thingy.

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
How old is it?

Just buy a new one if it's 2-3 years old. Not worth replacing one part, if the other goes bad a mth later.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Originally posted by: CorCentral
How old is it?

Just buy a new one if it's 2-3 years old. Not worth replacing one part, if the other goes bad a mth later.

Only a few years. Much cheaper to fix then to buy new one. :p

Originally posted by: Eli
Toilet?

Sensor?

/head asplodes

It's a high tech toilet. Actually it's just a passive sensor. Probably goes by weight pushing down on it or something.

ebaycj

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2002
I just replaced all the "guts" of all of my toilets. It cost about $50 per toilet. Very worth it to get all new stuff at the same time.

Also, "FillPro"'s basically just have an internal floater that works in a similar manner to a traditional floater, just much smaller with a more sensitive switch.