Today's GOP

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
So glad that the SCOTUS ruled money is speech.

Just 27 billionaires spent $90 million to buy GOP Congress: report | Salon.com

According to the report, seven powerful corporations—AT&T, Chevron, ExxonMobil, FedEx, GM, Merck, and UPS—have collectively given nearly $1.5 million to dozens of election deniers and various Republican PACs and election committees this campaign cycle. The companies' demonstrated lack of concern for democracy, ATF noted, likely stems from their desire to keep dodging taxes. In 2021, these firms paid an average federal income tax rate of just 2.7% on a combined $78.4 billion in profits.

Notably, Peter Thiel, the co-founder of PayPal who is worth about $5 billion and openly opposed to democracy, has been spending big on his preferred Republican candidates but not through the GOP's congressional super PACs.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
From yesterday;

I'm not familiar with these Republican's opposition to the enlargement of NATO. Have they given any reasons other than NATO = bad?

We stopped delivering the prescribed punishment for treason. So they felt happy to fellate their favorite genocidal dictator.
They'll probably spiel how US shouldn't even have a foreign policy, limited gov, etc... but we all know that's BS.

Reactions: hal2kilo

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
From yesterday;

I'm not familiar with these Republican's opposition to the enlargement of NATO. Have they given any reasons other than NATO = bad?

I wonder if those Repubs who voted no actually understand the simple logical conclusion that if they vote against Ukraine joining NATO they are painting themselves an overcoat of a different shade of red that includes the pervasive retching odor of Putin's piss and the taste of blood being bled from Lady Liberty's back from the multiple stab wounds these plutocratic fascist-minded traitors have assaulted her with?

Or is it the simple notion that opposing anything the Democrats come up with is more guaranteed votes in their back pockets from conservative Trump-infected "America First" loyalists back in their home states?

Either way, this insanity that Trump talked them into is amazing to behold yet frightening in how easy it was for them to leave their senses outside the Trump rally doors and never got them back on their way out.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I wonder if those Repubs who voted no actually understand the simple logical conclusion that if they vote against Ukraine joining NATO they are painting themselves an overcoat of a different shade of red that includes the pervasive retching odor of Putin's piss and the taste of blood being bled from Lady Liberty's back from the multiple stab wounds these plutocratic fascist-minded traitors have assaulted her with?

Or is it the simple notion that opposing anything the Democrats come up with is more guaranteed votes in their back pockets from conservative Trump-infected "America First" loyalists back in their home states?

Either way, this insanity that Trump talked them into is amazing to behold yet frightening in how easy it was for them to leave their senses outside the Trump rally doors and never got them back on their way out.
I mean, don't forget that just a few years ago, some Republican congress folks spent the 4th of July in Russia...

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014

I'd 100% vote against Ukraine joining NATO. That's basically just telling Russia the West wants a clear and easy path to a land invasion of Russia.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005

This was for an infrastructure hearing
Lol, Trump can barely walk down a ramp and this guy is complaining about Biden's fitness? Good job Republican voters, you're supposed to vote in competent politicians, not clowns...it's not a circus.