Today's Amazon Prime Complaint is

Nov 20, 2009
Blu-ray movie in stock, ships from and sold by Amazon. I live in a suburb of Atlanta and Amazon has a warehouse in my state, and also in the one or more states adjacent to me. I tried to place the order at 8AM this morning and with Prime the earliest they can get me the movie is Thursday, three business days unless I pay above my Prime benefit.

What good does it do me to say I get two-days free shipping if they will wait until tomorrow to ship the order? I know I haven't ordered from Amazon in a few months, and I am already against paying $23 for the basic BD of the Solo movie (but the wive gets what the wife wants), and now two-days is gonna be three?

It ain't even Halloween yet let alone the Xmas shopping rush. Cancelled order. Let the wife get it on her own. No wonder Wallyworld and BadBuys has no problems doing their thing knowing Amazon is slacking more and more. And yes, it is the small things that count to me.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
My Amazon Prime complaint is not getting into the New World Alpha :(

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Mine is BFV gets the Prime pre-order discount for the consoles but not PC.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Just because you have a warehouse near you doesn't mean they have that item in the warehouse.

I've also noticed wrong estimates recently on Amazon on a couple items and I chatted with Amazon about it, and they assured me it would arrive in 2 days, but instead, they ended up waving the 1 day shipping cost on items for the inconvenience. Try hitting them up on chat.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Amazon is just to big now, but seriously go to the store today and buy the BD if you need it that fast. Retail still has one advantage!!!

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
I feel like I get things in longer than 2 days more often than I get them in two days now. Two day shipping *

*If it happens to be in stock in your local warehouse

Oct 20, 2005
Blu-ray movie in stock, ships from and sold by Amazon. I live in a suburb of Atlanta and Amazon has a warehouse in my state, and also in the one or more states adjacent to me. I tried to place the order at 8AM this morning and with Prime the earliest they can get me the movie is Thursday, three business days unless I pay above my Prime benefit.

What good does it do me to say I get two-days free shipping if they will wait until tomorrow to ship the order? I know I haven't ordered from Amazon in a few months, and I am already against paying $23 for the basic BD of the Solo movie (but the wive gets what the wife wants), and now two-days is gonna be three?

It ain't even Halloween yet let alone the Xmas shopping rush. Cancelled order. Let the wife get it on her own. No wonder Wallyworld and BadBuys has no problems doing their thing knowing Amazon is slacking more and more. And yes, it is the small things that count to me.

Sorry, what do you mean by paying above your prime benefit?

Also, don't buy Solo. I did (steelbook 4k from BB) because I thought it would be on par with Rogue one. I was disappointed. It was an ok movie at best. Just rent it for $2 at Redbox.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
I almost never get anything late from Amazon. The only time I've ever gotten anything late is when it's getting delivered by Amazon's own delivery service and they try and deliver after business hours to my work.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I buy from Amazon often enough to know that the overwhelming majority is within 2 days. Can't expect it for every one though.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Oh damn that looks hot! I didn’t know they were making games now.
They are working on stability now trying to get 100v100 on a server working with an eye toward 1000v1000....alpha testers i know seem to like it a lot.

Nov 20, 2009
Folks, this was just an observation. I seldom experienced that a delivery would be late, but it does happen. But this is different, this is Amazon setting their Prime customer's expectation that they ain't getting it in two business days, but three or more. It isn't like I am out in the middle of nowhere. I'm in north GA and surrounded by Amazon warehouses. Heck, I've recently seen those gray cargo vans with the Amazon Prime logo on them being delivered. I just thought it was strnage that something as simple as a BD would take three or more business days when it was in stock and shipped from and sold by Amazon.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
People LOL at me because I rent bluray's from Redbox every weekend.

But the audio quality is still far superior on a disc than any streaming format. Video has gotten close but not quite there yet either.

True, the best audio on streaming is Dolby Digital + or ATMOS but it's always weak and thin compared to a good Blu-Ray.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
My Amazon complaint Prime complaint is I can't benefit from the "Prime Now" deals because I live in a small rural hicktown that is generally the last to see new stuff rolled out into big towns.

Nov 20, 2009
Since I went to Costco this afternoon and Bad Buys was on the way I got them to price match Amazon on the BD. Thanks Amazon, paid the exact same thing and got the produce in 0 business days.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Amazon has been fucked lately.

Ordered 2 items on oct 15th, both prime, delivery guaranteed by oct 17th. Waited until oct 22nd and since no shipping updates at all, like even label generated i contacted them and they cancelled/refunded the order.

I ordered them again on the 23rd. Got the second order on the 26th delivered and all is well.

Then yesterday, i got my original order that i placed on the 15th!, which the shipping label said was shipped on the 29th, or a week and a half after they cancelled it and refunded me for it.....

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
Not a Prime member, but ...
Amazon just sent me the wrong item. Yesterday I got some probiotic capsules instead of the Tryptophan I ordered. Totally different brands too. Good news is, they'll let me return ship it for free (within the next month), and should ship ordered item in a day or two.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Between the jacked-up membership price and steadily declining QOS I have pretty much zero incentive to re-up on Prime.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Between the jacked-up membership price and steadily declining QOS I have pretty much zero incentive to re-up on Prime.

Yeah im in the same boat, i just renewed my prime in sept, but if there isnt vast improvement by next year im not reupping.

My biggest gripe now is no more email support, the only way to get ahold of these idiots when there is a mistake(which is way more common nowadays) is now phone or online chat, which is a colossal waste of time, takes me 10 seconds to write an email vs mins to hours waiting on hold for online chat or phone person to become available.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Yeah im in the same boat, i just renewed my prime in sept, but if there isnt vast improvement by next year im not reupping.

My biggest gripe now is no more email support, the only way to get ahold of these idiots when there is a mistake(which is way more common nowadays) is now phone or online chat, which is a colossal waste of time, takes me 10 seconds to write an email vs mins to hours waiting on hold for online chat or phone person to become available.

I disagree Amazon online chat rocks!

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I disagree Amazon online chat rocks!

I have lots of people tell me this, but they are all in the US, canada must have a separate support team, because the fastest ive got ahold of them online, during the business day hours of 9-5, is 5-10 mins, average being 15-20.

Alamat

Apr 30, 2003
I guess it varies. I get some stuff earlier, like they say Monday then I see it on my porch Sunday. Most of the time it is 2 days when they say 2 days.

One gripe I have about Prime though is the pricing scheme or whatever you might call it. One time I was browsing, placed an item in the cart. After a few hours I take it out then a day or so later when I check again, the price has gone up considerably. I have noticed this several times that I do not place items in the cart unless I am buying them right there and then.