Today, Who Did You Vote For And Why?

Chef0083

Golden Member
Dec 9, 1999
I won't get to vote until 3 today. I am still leaning towards Bush but I may go Browne. Who knows.

My head hurts!

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
still not decided? hmmmmm! well hope you vote bush:) i did!

on a side note, at my local polling place there were democratic party staffers standing outside handing out gore/lieberman proppaganda, and when i got in a man handed me a piece of paper with the democratic ticket on it and tells me "ok, see the names on that piece of paper, that's who you want to vote for". Is that even legal! well i looked him in the eyes and said "im voteing for bush" he just sort of looked away mumbling to himself. can you belive the tactics that the democratic party has stooped to! ARRGHH! that just makes me sick!:p

oldandquitemad

Jun 15, 2000
rep rep rep rep rep rep rep rep rep rep rep rep.

I voted for all of the reps and none (as in NONE) of the dems. Where there were no reps, I voted for libs, but in no case did I vote for a dem. If there were only dems (this IS North Carolina...), I did not vote.

PCAddict

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 1999
George W. Bush

I despise Al Gore's type of politcs. He's a liar and a hypocrite. He's demonstrated that he'll say anything to get elected.

I honestly think that Bush has what it takes to be a great president. I've been able to identify with his views on the issues, and I understand his platform.

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
Bush is a lying corporate puppet. And he's actually stupid. Gore is also a liar and really isn't a whole lot better than Bush on most of the issues.

Between the two, I'd choose Gore...because he might do something about campaign finance reform which is an absolute necessity if we, as the people, want some real representation.

I chose Nader because he is the ONLY candidate who has not broken any campaign finance law (as weak as they are) and can really be trusted to return some power back to the people. He has a LONG history of fighting for people's rights and interests. (In my case it was even easier to vote for Nader because the state is a Bush lock.)

PistachioByAzul

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Bush is a lying corporate puppet. And he's actually stupid. Gore is also a liar and really isn't a whole lot better than Bush on most of the issues.

Can you give some examples of Bush lying?

Haven't you seen the list of all Gore's lies? Do you really believe that Gore doesn't have as many corporate ties as Bush? Most corporations don't support only one party, they hedge their bets. Gore also has strong ties with the teachers union...don't you think that compromises his ability to reform public education?

PistachioByAzul

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
BTW, Bush is NOT stupid. The man has a Harvard MBA; Gore flunked out of Divinity school and Law school. Bush also flew fighter jets....they don't put stupid people in multi-million dollar military jets.

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
true engineer

how many people here can say they have a Harvard MBA.......didnt think so:Q

IronMike

Jun 24, 2000
Actually John McCain convinced me to vote for Gore.
Was set to pull the switch for Nader, when I thought of how nice it would have been to have the McCain choice. Remembering that MCain is a practical man, who would rather support someone closer to his veiws that to stand on the principle of ending corruption in gov't., I decided that if that stance was good enough for John, it was good enough for me.

montanafan

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
I just got back from voting for Gore. I actually like Bush's education reform plan and that's very important to me, but the two main reasons I went with Gore are:

1) It really bothers me that Bush did not give any details about how he plans to reform Social Security and said he would not until after he is elected. I'm a ways from retirement, but close enough to be very concerned about it.

2) I think he will have to put his and the rest of the politicians' money where his mouth is and push for campaign finance reform as he has said he will over and over again.

Gut-wise, I just get the feeling that if Bush gets in the White House, it's going to be almost Dan Quayle-like in the number of public mistakes and gaffes he makes. On the other hand, if Gore gets in it'll just be extremely boring and that's not quite as annoying. :)

BowDown

Banned
Jun 2, 2000
I'm going to vote Republican for my first election... Makes me wonder why I registered with the Democratic Party.

Hehe...

jjm

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I think Gore's plan to pay down the debt is more responsible. His less ambitious tax cuts also strike me as presenting a smaller risk of igniting inflation. And I think he has the experience needed to do the job.

I am also concerned about limitations on personal freedoms. It seems that Jr Bush would nominate very right-leaning justices to the Supreme Court. I would not like to see that.

I also don't like Jr's plan to give more Federal dollars to faith-based groups to do social work. That just seems like a thinly veiled way of caving in to the religious right.

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
As an outsider, I find this race kind of amusing. Gore seems like a dweeb, but my fave is still George Doubleya's comments on foreign affairs. He seems to think french fries with gravy and cheese will have a major impact on free trade between Canada and the US.

Mmmmmmmmm...... poutine.........

Unfortunately, I'll have to deal with this voting garbage soon enough in our own election here up North, eh.

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Bush, of course. Did you have any doubt?

But I have to give Ferocious the laugh of the day when he said:

<<Between the two, I'd choose Gore...because he might do something about campaign finance reform >>

The above is quoted out of context but Hey, the Dems do that all the time.