Today is a proud day for our country

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
In all of our partisan pickering I think we lost sight of the momentous event that will take place tonight in Denver.

For the first time in our history a black will the nominee for the President of the United States.

The fact that it comes on the anniversary of Martin Luther King's speech is perfect symmetry. I am sure Obama will address this fact tonight as well.

While I won't be voting for Obama and totally disagree with his politics it is still something to be proud of as a country.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
wait, obama's black?

next thing you'll tell me that mccain was somehow involved with the vietnam war.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
In all of our partisan pickering I think we lost sight of the momentous even that will take place tonight in Denver.

For the first time in our history a black will the nominee for the President of the United States.
Thanks to the Democrats.

SAWYER

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
I want to know why when someone is mixed they are automatically assume to be Black.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
In all of our partisan pickering I think we lost sight of the momentous even that will take place tonight in Denver.

Thanks to the Democrats.
Get over it.

Republicans were the first to nominate a black to be Secretary of State and they did it twice.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Originally posted by: Sawyer
I want to know why when someone is mixed they are automatically assume to be Black.

Because he looks black, and blackness can be a pretty dominating feature. I'd call Ann Curry white, but if her Japaneseness showed up more I'd probably think of her as Japanese. I don't think there is any bad intent about it.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
In all of our partisan pickering I think we lost sight of the momentous eveny that will take place tonight in Denver.

Who's WE?

I don't think many Obama supporters ever "lost sight" of what was transpiring.

Thanks for at least trying to appear magnanimous, though.

2/10

:cookie:

cubeless

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Sawyer

because that's how he identifies himself...

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Feral, I have not seen one person post about this fact or one thread about it.

Look around the forum, all we do is argue about the politics of the race and not much else.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000

Thanks to the Democrats.

A lot of Republicans crossed the floor to help your Civil Rights Act pass in 1964. It's not a strict partisan victory being celebrated tonight.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002

Thanks to the Democrats.

I had sex tonight. Thanks Democrats!

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: yllus

Thanks to the Democrats.
A lot of Republicans crossed the floor to help your Civil Rights Act pass in 1964. It's not a strict partisan victory being celebrated tonight.
Actually Republicans voted for it in greater numbers than Democrats.

We forget that it was Democrats who passed Jim Crow and segregation laws in the south.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: nick1985

Thanks to the Democrats.

I assume it was with an Iraqi girl, against her will. /jpeyton

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: Nebor

Thanks to the Democrats.

I assume it was with an Iraqi girl, against her will. /jpeyton

You know it. Then I lied to the press to cover it up!

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Originally posted by: yllus
Actually Republicans voted for it in greater numbers than Democrats.
We forget that it was Democrats who passed Jim Crow and segregation laws in the south.
Dixiecrats like Strom Thurmond, who were welcomed into the Republican Party when the Reps played the race card in developing their "Southern Strategy" in the 1970s

edit: emphasis

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Originally posted by: CanOWorms
Governments throughout Europe are trembling in fear.

You are a broken record, but at least you are a funny broken record. Do you have any evidence that European governments are trembling? Did you see how much the French president loved Obama?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
In all honesty, I don't give a crap what color he is. A man is a man regardless of the color of his skin.

This is the land of opportunity, glad to see that dream is still alive but I will still follow MLK's dream.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

Thanks to the Democrats.

Did they buy her beers? Or his, I guess?

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: bamacre

Thanks to the Democrats.

Did they buy her beers? Or his, I guess?

John Edwards did, then he went for sloppy seconds after I was finished